Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I forgot it was St. Patricks Day. SO I had to re-send this. Don´t read the other one, it isn´t even green. 3/17/2014

Hey all you cool cats, how are all of you?? I am doing great because everything is going just so. I have seen so many miracles and so many greats things have happened.

This week it seems that everything went just as it was supposed to. All of our investigators had miraculous progress. That is all I can describe it as. We visited Yuni to teach her the Restoration. When we got there, she happened to be walking in with her friend, and was like I was just telling her (Rosi) about you guys and how much I have loved your church. Rosi, you aren´t going to a church, come talk with us! It was so cool. Rosi used to be part of the Pentecostal church but then her pastor went off the deep end and started to drink and stuff, and as she put it "All the little sheeps got lost, and are trying to find their way back" Isn´t incredible how we are all part of the Lord´s fold? He truly wants every single one of His sheep to be found. I think that lots of times each and everyone of us feels a little lost. A little like we don´t quite know what to do, or how to approach life´s many situations. The Lord is aware and is conscious though, and is trying to safely and lovingly guide us. It was really cool to see how the Lord is trying to bring Rosi back, and how we met her friend who met us in that instant. We then taught them the Restoartion and they just believed in everything so willingly. I think it is kind of funny and amazing when all the little quotes and such from PMG come true and then they pop into your head. I just kept thinking, these ladies were just waiting to hear the truth. Yuni´s story is just a miracle though. At the end of the lesson Yuni was sharing about how she acutally went to church that first Sunday. She said that she is/was a partier. She would always go to balladas and ragers and what not and just have a good time. She had been praying to find a church because she wants to be baptized and to be a good servant in the Lord´s hands. She said she had gone to a party on Saturday and just wasn´t feeling happy the way she used to. The next morning, she got home with only a few hours of sleep and went to the market to buy stuff for lunch. She walked in front of the church, and someone invited her in. She was telling us how the more she goes, the more peace she feels in her life. Wow. My testimony of the Lord´s hand guiding us is so strong. I know that He will always show us the way.
            We hadn´t gone to Sonia´s on Tuesday or on Wednesday just because there wasn´t enough time to. We got there on Thursday night and were talking to her, and I was just like so, how are your prayers Sonia? Sonia: They are good! Me: Do you feel like you have gotten an answer yet? Sonia: Well, you guys hadn´t come here for two days, and the Jehovah´s Witness came and taught me some things that just didn´t seem right. It didn´t feel like it was right. You guys hadn´t come, and I just missed your teachings so much. I prayed that if it was the Lord´s will, you guys would come back. Now you guys are here. So I think my prayers have been answered." AHHHHH SHE FINALLY RECIEVED AN ANSWER TO HER PRAYERS! I couldn´t be happier. I love that lady so so much. When we went to her house yesterday night, she invited two friends to hear the lessons as well. It was so so so cool. I am so excited for Sonia, I know that she is truly a prepared lady. We also saw the two Adrianna´s. One was the super super amazing reference that we haven´t been able to see because her husband has been in and out of the hospital. We always walk in front of her house, and the other day I just prayed she would happen to come out of her house so that we could talk to her. It didn´t happen and I didn´t think much of it. On Wednesday we walked past and guess who comes out right when we are directly in front of her house!? Adrianna!! She told us she has been reading the Book of Mormon and is really liking it a lot. She said her husband is almost better and when he is, she is going to call us! Yahoo! Cleo´s Adrianna is also doing so well! We are getting ready for her wedding!! She is so tender spirited.

I am out of time!!! But I love all of you, and am really grateful for all the useful advice you guys have given. Thank you for the letters, packages, and emails. They mean the WORLD as a missionary. I have made it a new goal to write back every single letter. So if you send me something, I pinky promise I will write back. Send me a letter, why dontcha?
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho
PS Sister Jensen gets here tomorrow. Woo hoo! And next week I will have a trillion pictures I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment