Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mawwiage is what bwings us together 3/10/2014

Hello lovies,
So I forgot to say last week that was transfer week. I am staying in Vila Prudente! WOOOOOOO! I AM SO HAPPY. Sister Falcão got transferred to Taubate though. It makes me sad. We had another mission conference with a Elder Costa of the Seventy, and it just felt so weird seeing her with Sister Detlefsen. I kept wanting to be like SISTERRRRR COME SIT BY ME. Sister Detlefsen is one of my favorite people though and Guaritingeta is the best zone so I am real happy for her. Doesn´t mean I am not missing her heaps though. So now this is what happened to me: I got called Monday night by President to train again! Yahoo! So we got to transfers and President called me first to get my new companion. I skipped up there and was like here! real perky like, and then President Ferrin just laughed and goes, "Your companion isn´t here yet" and then everyone laughed at me. Hahahaha it was realy funny, I love President Ferrin he is great. So I kept waiting and then I turned to Sister Hansen (she is training as well, she is fabulous, I love her) and started to sing "On my own, pretending she´s beside meeeeeeee" #lesmis. So it turns our I am training an American that has been out for 11 months already! The mtc here is doing a new two week program so they can re-learn Portuguese or something so she only gets here March 19th. I am so so so excited! She was in Sister Aledo and Sister Oborn´s MTC district and we all know how I feel about Sister Aledo and Sister Oborn. LOVEEEE. They both have told me she is great and everyone has said she is amazing. I am really excited for SIster Jensen to get here! Meanwhile, I am with Sister Ferreira who is from Ceara. Once my companion gets here she will be in a trio with SIster Corbitt and O´Brien. She is cool, I like her! Very firm and a great missionary!! So that was transfers!
      Vila Prudente is really taking off. We have seen so many miracles lately. Last week, we visited a member in our ward named Cleo (SWEETEST lady) and we met her helper named Adrianna. We proceeded to teach Adrianna and she is a golden investigator. SO ready and so pure. Cleo was like, she was just waiting to meet you guys I guess! I have invited her to church for the past year and she has never come until you two invited her! Our lesson with her went so well. Something that Elder Evans said while he was here was that missionaries teach by the Spirit, the investigators understand by the Spirit, and then both rejoice. That is exactly what it was. Such a simple lesson, but I have also learned that simplicity is best. It is what touched people´s hearts! I love Adrianna. She needs to get married, so we will be having a wedding here in Vila Prudente pretty soon here!! Adrianna can´t read, so we read The Book Of Mormon to her and she just listens so atentively and loves it. The Book Of Mormon has incredible power. I know that The Book of Mormon is the truest book on the face of Earth, and it converts each of us unto our Savior. Everytime I read, I feel closer to my Savior. I will never ever ever forget how Sister Waite taught me to use the scriptures and the importance of them. They contain God´s power!! Adrianna is so excited to be baptized, and is truly one of the most faithful women I have ever met. Her faith is a huge example to me. We taught her the Word of WIsdom real quick because Cleo told her about coffee, and she was like what else is there? I am not drinking coffee anymore. Ah. Solid.
   
       Last night we visited Sonia with Emerson( our LMA) and she has decided to get married as well!! YAYYY! Weddings all over the place. She still says though she hasn´t felt that total certainty. She has searched for the true church for so long, and she just wants to be totally sure. We have told her for the past two weeks: PRAYER. I have such a firm testimony that prayer is the answer to everything. Heavenly Father will always answer, we just need to have spiritual eyes to see and hear. Sonia reads her scriptures and prays, and I know that she sincerely wants to know. We also visited Yuni again, and she was raised Jehovah´s Witness so she has lots of questions! She is way neat!! Gil, a man we met also came to church!! He is way cool, he reminds me lots of Ramon!! The work here is just running like wild fire. I love it!!

     I absolutley loved Elder Costa´s visit. These past two mission conferences have made a profound impact on me. We as missionaries are truly working on helping others return to their Heavenly home!! Our work is a work of Salvation!! We do this by truly converting others unto Christ. Something that stuck out to me is learning how to really work with the Spirit. We first need to strive to have the Spirit with us by being obdient and seeking our the scriptures for power. Once we do that is learning how to work with the Spirit. The Spirit will teach our brothers and sisters, we need to have faith in that! Faith is what really makes the miracles happen. With faith in the Lord, He will provide his miracles. I really loved that Elder Costa focused on our faith, to have the miracles truly happen. We can do anything, absolutely anything if we have faith! We can feel the Spirit guide, and we can TRULY convert people unto the Lord. What a beautiful work we are involved in. I am so grateful for the things I have learned. I know that this is everything we have learned is the Lord´s way of how HIS work should go forward. As we follow His way and His purposes, we can be the best instruments in His hands. I love the mission. The 9 months will be the best months of my entire life. With all of these techings, I am sure of it!!!
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho
IMPORTANT:
I am thinking of applying to all the BYUs.Or staying at ASU. Also, I don´t know what I really want to major in. Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment