Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am full 2/24/2014

Hello everybody!!! This subject line probably threw you off. But I am just full of happiness and hope!! Today has been absolutely AMAZING. On Thursday we found out we would be having an unplanned mission conference, with Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy who is in charge of ALL of the missionaries in the entire world. I am just floored by it. It was so good. I will talk more about that in a little though because first, I want to share all of the miracles and awesome experiences of this week!!! (Oh ps none of the apostrophe marks or question marks etc. are working on this computer so please, dont hate me. I dont write this bad I promise)
 So since the area here in Vila Prudente sort of divided, Sister Falcao and kind of opened an area again because we went to an area within our area that has hardly been worked in. As we have been working here, we have found the COOLEST people. I have already talked about some, but really, Sister Falcao and I were talking and there is just something different about each and everyone of these investigators. You can just tell that they are so prepared and each of them has this hunger to know of Heavenly Father´s plan for them, and to truly follow the Savior. We have been trying to work with the members a lot more, and a recently returned missonary passed this amazing reference. Her name is Aline and she is 19. As we taught her the Restoartion, she got emotional and the Spirit was just so sweet the whole time. Heine had passed her but didn´t really know that she was elect I think. We invited her to be baptized at the end, and she accepted so sincerely. She was like I intend to be baptized, I know everything you guys have taught me is true. I know it is true, I just want to read the scriptures and know more for myself. WHAT!?! Okay, yes, perfect. She even said she is talking to her mom about all of these things and bringing her to church this next week. YAHOO!
  As we were contacting people on the streets this week we also met a guy named Gil. Yesterday after church we went to visit him with our ward mission leader and it was really short, but it was a good visit. I see in him the same type of person as Ramon. I am really excited to actually teach him, he is really busy with work, but I am sure when we teach him it will be a special experience. We also taught Sonia lots this week. She has such an eagerness to read the scriptures and learn. When we got there on Tuesday, she was like I watched a movie about the prophet. I as just thinking, uh oh, and then she goes yeah off that site you showed me! It answered one of her questions of the Book of Mormon and she watched it. So cool. As we were talking to her, she was like I had never heard of this church. But you guys are different, I love what you guys teach. Sonia just wants a sure answer and and as she was saying that Sara (Her daughter) goes I know! Their church and points to us! So cute. PLease pray for Sonia to receive and realize her answer. It may be taking a while, but I know that her answer is coming and that she will be truly converted to the Lord.

And now for the miracles of today. Many things that Elder Evans said today really just made such an impact on me. I kept feeling before the conference and during the conference that whatever he would say would really bring such a change on me as amissionary and it has. I am so excited to go home, and reflect on all my notes. I think something  that really struck me today was the importance of families. I love m family. SO MUCH. The Carvalhos are crazy people, let me just tell ya, but the love I feel for them. Man. I want to live with them for all eternity. I can live with them for all eternity and that just fills me with joy. My sweet mom, my hard working dad, my sweet sweet Laura, my twin Aurora, and my most favorite brother Will. Just thinking about them makes me happy. As a missionary, we are helping other families to have this sweetness in their lives. Families ar the most important thing, and every human being is my family as well. I want this for everyone. I want others to feel the SAviors love for them. To really come to know Him and our Father in Heaven. As a missioary, we need to help others repent. To really have this everlasting happiness, we must change ourselves. We must become more Christ like. Work a lot harder to become more like Him. All this comes from repentance. That is why our Savior came, so that all of us can go back to our Heavenly Home. I have been thinking lots of repentance and how we can really really help others to change and repent in their lives. I as well as all the other missionaries in the world have the most sacred calling.I want to work with all my might and strength, with my whole soul, because I know that I can do a little to help other have true joy. I have so many more thoughts to say, and so many thing to think about it, but for now all I can say is that I want to work my hardest. I want to help others to taste this sweetness, and with the things I learned today I know that I have so much to work on and to work for. The field is white and ready to harvest, and I want to go do this harvesting.
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho
Gems of the Week:
Sister Falcao and I literally had an argument (Not a real one)if reading or anime was nerdier. She LOVES anime.I love reading,I asked everyone I knew and they sided with me that anime is way nerdier. WIN.
 
Sister Obrien taught SIster Falcao to say tudo freaking bem. It is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment