Sunday, March 16, 2014

Some Golden Things 2/17/2014

Hello hello hello darling people,

How are all of you doing? I am doing splendid, thank you! Despite the lan house REEKING because of this one gamer in here I am splendid. I had a good Valentines Day. Had 3 other Valentines besides my mom this year!! Lais &Carol, Sister Corbitt, and Courtney Eyring. It was really fun. I have lots of pictures to send. On that note of loving things, I have loved everything about the latest and greatest in Vila Prudente!!

So I don´t know if I have mentioned Sonia but she is the super awesome contact we did and she just accepted for us to go and teach her. We have been teaching her and she came to church once.She has such a sincere desire to find out what is right and true. She has had a hard life, and now wants to follow Christ. We went over this week and we were like hey, how is your reading? And she goes to be honest I stopped reading because I had some questions about the prophet and looked online and basically saw a lot of anti stuff. So we then showed her mormon.orglds.org, and the mormon channel on youtube and explained things to her and she was golden. Since having gone back, she has been reading, and really progressing lots. We finally taught the Plan of Salvation to her and she said she believed in it all. She then followed with, but I am a little confused because I study with the Jehovah´s Witness as well and it as all very different. She just wants to do what is right. We then just told her, the only way you can know is if you pray. Sister Falcão and I just both really testified of prayer and we felt the Spirit strongly. My testimony of prayers has increased so much here on the mission. No prayer is too small, or too grand, Heavenly Father will always answer, and I know He will answer Sonia!! I am so happy that she wants to know these things!

While we were walking to an appointment a week ago, this guy was walking by me and we had been walking near each other for a while and I was just really feeling like I needed to talk to him. I didn´t want to be awkward so as I was thinking in my head of how I could approach him, when he asked me if I was part of some school. We got to talking to him and his name is Allysson! My best friend´s name! The week passed and we had marked to visit him Saturday. We went to his house and taught him and his mom. As we shared the Restoration with him, we all felt the Spirit SO strongly. It was one of those shiny moments again where everything just makes sense in missionary work and you just know that your investigators are feeling that same joy and peace that the gospel brings. Unfortunately he couldn´t come to church this week, but he accepted baptism on the spot. YEA ALLYSSON! We have also visited Silvia lots and she is still so firm. It feels so happy when people truly are converted. She is always reading her scriptures and loves church. I love Silvia!

Yesterday was Cesar´s baptism!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH. What a joyful day. His mom bought him the cutest church outfit and he was so excited the whole day. Right after sacrament meeting he just looked at me and was like is it my baptism now?? Yes!! He is honestly so so sweet.  He has the sweetest spirit. He is just so pure. It was such a sweet baptism. Afterwards we were talking and I was like so, how do ya feel and he just looked up and smiled and said good. And that is what missionary work is all about. Helping others come unto to Christ, and helping them to be converted unto Him. To follow His example, and always do our best to live with Him again someday. It was so amazing. His family are all wanting the same thing as well so they can have an eternal family. YES!!

Love love love,


Sister Carvalho

My companion likes taking creep pictures of me as I pick fruit
 Court sent me a cute Valentine day letter. Love her so I posted it
 8 months with Elvira, Lais, Carol, and Leonor. I LOVE THEM.
On Valentines Day we wear pink. ANd have heart shaped lollis.
I LOVE SISTER FALCÃO!
Carol and Lais sent us cute Valentines day things when we got home
Cesar´s baptism! His cute family. His cute self.


Us with Cesar!





No comments:

Post a Comment