Sunday, March 16, 2014

Miracles happen if you believeeeeeeeeee #princessdiaries 3/3/2014

Hello all you cuties!!
This week was the best last week before transfers I have ever had. SO many miracles happened! This week we made it a focus to be obedient with exactness and the blessings came.
We taught one of our golden contacts Katia the Restoration this week, and  as a missionary sometimes you just want people to accept it so badly. You are just like ahhh, I can see just how special you are! That was the feeling we had with her. By the end though, we invited her to read The Book of Moromon and she was just like no, I am Catholic I pay my tithing every month, and I feel like that would just be saying I am denying everything I believe in or saying I doubt it if I read. We were guided by the Spirit so carefully in what we said to her, that by the end when I asked her if I could mark a chapter for her to read, she was just like yes please mark a chapter, I really do want to read it. Sister Falcao and I walked out of there and we were so amazed that she accepted so readily after having such a tense situation and we were like the Spirit guided us so perfectly! It was so so cool!!
We have been continuing to visit Sonia. She is just so sweet. She has the most sincere desire to know of the truth. We had a special moment with her on Saturday when she prayed that everything would go right for her and her husband to be married so she can be baptized. She still feels like she has gotten an answer though. I feel like deep inside of her she alreayd knows though! She knows it! I am postive that the Lord will provide a miracle and she will receive her answer. I see a lot of myself in Sonia. I despise making decisions if I am not 100% sure, and sometimes I receive ansewers I just want to be 100% sure. However, I have learned heaps about faith here. This week we want to focus lots on faith!
On Saturday we fasted and my oh my how the Lord blessed us. We both fasted to find people as usual. We were in the other sister´s area trying to catch a bus to ours and we passed the chapel. Guess who we saw: Irmao Aderaldo, one of the most powerful member missionaries. He started to chat with us, when a woman walked by. It looked like she was crying, but I wasn´t sure so we just said Boa Tarde to her. She stopped, looked at me, and just said please help me. We opened up the chapel and started talking to her. Her name is Karina (AHHH my mom´s name) and she started telling us about her marriage problems and how she just wants to know the purpose of life. We quickly taught her the Plan of Salvation. She just happened to live in the area we are working in. Irmao Aderaldo happened to meet with us out there because he wanted to prepare his lesson at the chapel which he said he never does. Had he not been there, we couldn´t have even gone inside the chapel without a Presithood holder. The Lord´s had was just so present!!!! He placed everything there perfectly at the EXACT perfect time so that could happen. It is crazy to see just how much the Lord loves each and everyone of us. The last miracle: we did a contact two months ago. She had the MOST beautiful baby. We did a contact with her and she was like no dont visit me, someday Ill go to church. How many people say that: Everyone. No one EVER goes to church. Guess who was at church yesterday: Her, her name is Yuni! We are visiting her Wednesday. Super stoked! Fasting brings miracles.
The lan house is closing. Now. Dang it. I have to leave like now. SOrry for not answering ANYONE. Love yall!!
love love love,
Sister Carvalho

Gems of the Week:
We were cleaning the chapel as a service project and here in Brazil everyone just wets the floor and uses a squeegee thing to mop. Well we basically flooded the whole building to clean it and as we were cleaning I was pushing the water out. Sister O´Brien lifted up the hose to make it easier for me and was like: Go Sist-uh go (Brit accent) so I started being spazzy and guess what happens: yep I slipped and fell right on my back. Like I was laying down. And all the members saw. So that was pretty cool. I will never not be awkward. On the plus side, Sister O´Brien did say that it was the most graceful fall she has ever seen and that I should be on Swan Lake.
Sister Falcao talking to Sister O´Brien: I don´t love you.... FOREVER. NEVER. NEVERRRRRRR. I died laughing.
Sister Falcao: You are the most awkward person I have met in my whole life. You just know how to play it off so nobody notices. Like you do weird stuff all the time but you act so cool about it that one notices.
Me: And that is how I survive living my life. Hahahahahahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment