Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am melting I am melting, oh what a world!!! 2/10/2014

So last week it hit 40 degrees...which means it was 104! São Paulo hasn´t been this hot since the sixities or something!! It is crazy. BUT São Paulo really is taking fire in the missionary aspect as well so I am okay with it. Also this week is Valentine´s Day. My mom is my valentine again.... she has been my valentine the last I don´t know..... 20 years of my life? So I mean it is fine.
We met so many awesome people this week! Since Sister Corbitt and O´Brien are here, we decided to work in an area we had hardly touched. Vila Alpina and Vila California. I always like to think that I am actually going to California, it is funny to me. Anyways, we are working with the area book to find people, lots and lots of contacts, and a few references. Cesar is the younger brother of two recent-converts and we have worked with him and visited him lots. He is such a sweet boy. That entire family is just sweet. They have the sincere desire to follow Christ and do what is right. Cesar even reads the scriptures on his own. Children have such tender spirits. They just are so much simpler than all of us. Things that are so difficult for us are just easy for them. He is such a special kid, him and his sisters already even talk abou serving missions. We had an FHE with them last night, and each person there wrote down things that would help the family. Cesar´s was to sa family prayers each night and Geovana´s was to help start family scripture study. They are just really really awesome.
   While exploring these new areas we also found some solid new people. I felt  like I should talk to this random lady on an empty street and before  I could even voice my opinion, Sister Falcão was like let´s go talk to her! She seemed a little flaky and then we asked for water. In doing this, one of her neighbors all of a sudden just pullled us inside her house and she and her husband told us their entire life story. They have so much faith and we are really excited to go back. We also visted this reference that we got forever ago, but the husband kept having medical problems so we never got to go because they kept having to cancel. Sister Falcão and I wrapped up a Book of Mormon, Family Proclamtion, and ways to help families pamphlet just to drop off and let them know we are t hinking of them. Leandro (the husband) was already asleep because he was in pain, but we talked to his wife Adriana. ELECT FAMILY. Elect with a capital E. She just wants to raise her daughter in a good enviornment and help her to have good Christian principles. I felt really impressed to share with her something my mom wrote me about when she was being converted to the church and how she felt about me and my kid brother.  I just know that this family has been prepared by the Lord so much! Keep them in your prayers!!!
That is all for this week, but have an incredible week all you cutie people.
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho
Gems Of the Week:
Sister Falcão on taking too long in the shower:
I don´t know sister, I am sorry. I just like massaging my feet and singing. I just feel like I am in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sometimes.
Sister Corbitt after we sang Part of Your World(The Little Mermaid):
I could totally be a Disney princess.
Sister O´Brien hit her head SO hard at lunch on a cupboard. It was SOOOOOOOO funny. She then says : Oh no I just lost my only brain cell. It is the only one I brought from England!

Everyone!!
 Look at this legit wall! Of course I had to take a picture.
Sunday morning bus rides. SEMPRE!
 One of the CTM instructors came to our ward!

Okay so we did the COOLEST contact the other day. The director of a escola
de samba for the carnaval!!! He was like yeah this is where we keep all the
float stuff, want to see inside??? YES. He doesn´t live in our area
though....bummer.


We had a fhe with Cesar´s family this Sunday and a mission call opening!!!
He is going to Goiania! COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment