Tuesday, May 13, 2014

HI I AM IN CACHOEIRA PAULISTA. WHICH IS NEXT TO LORENA. WHAT!?! 4/21/2014

Hello all you cutie people I love,

I am so excited to be able to work in Cachoeira Paulista! I almost did a flip when they called saying I was being transferred there. The members of this branch are awesome. I am so grateful to be here! There is tons of work to be done here. I have noticed that we can work lots more with the members and we have lots of ideas of things we can do here. It is our work as missionaries to get everyone else excited and full of joy about the work. It is going to be great!

We got here in Cachoeira and had a total of one investigator. We are really focusing on finding more people to add to our teaching pool. The key to this is to work with the members! We would walk on the streets this week, and we were like hey, can we share a message with you about Christ? We have found some pretty awesome people. Angela is a lady we met who is the owner of a baptist church. We decided to share the Plan of Salvation with her, and focused on families and gave her a proclamation. I really realized in that moment that no matter where you go, or who you talk to that everyone has the same focus on the family. We may not agree on everything , but family is the greatest and most important thing in every persn´s life, whether they realize it or not. On Saturday we had amazing things happen. We found this sweet sweet family that was just sitting out on their porch and we taught them the Restoratoion. All the kids gathered around, and it was awesome.We got a solid reference from a member, and we will be visii]ting them this week!  Sunday was discouraging when we went to pick up people, and no one came. But, the work presses forward! This week we are going to work our tails off. 

As we visited people, we also visited a recent convert named Vilma. She has had REALLY hard trials in her life. I bore my testimony to her of the Savior and His Atonement. I think in that moment, I felt everything SO strongly. Everything just fel intensified. My testimony was strengthened and it was the perfect Easter treat. I know my Savior lives. I am so grateful forHis sacrifice and that we were able to celebrate His life and our love for Him yesterday.

I am out of time!!

love love love,
SIster Carvalho

Elder Costa with the old zone! This is from probably more than a month ago

No comments:

Post a Comment