Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I love love. I love being in love. (with my mission) 4/7/2014

Hey all you cuties,

CONFERENCE. Holy cow! Wow. I love conference. Conference week just makes everything much happier and brighter. Saturday as Sister Jensen and I walked to go to conference, we were just like, a prophet is about to speak. A real life prophet! We have Heavenly Father leading us today. How grateful am I for conference. I am just real razzed about conference!

With conference, we had loads of miracles happen all week. It is interesting that Elder Nelson spoke on faith, and how it is truly through faith in our Savior. This faith is what truly leads to incredible miracles. We live in a world where it seems that faith is discouraged, like you are silly if you have faith. I know and can testify that faith will carry us through our lives. Sister Jensen were reflecting on the most successful times on our missions. Why were they so successful? We came to the conclusion that is our faith. If we truly believe that the Lord will help us, then He will. He will help us find, teach, convert, through the Spirit. He will carry us through our lowest of lows and help us be our happiest!! So we are trying to build our faith each day. We decided we really needed to focus on the members this week, so we visited seminary, visited members, and had a family home evening, the results were four references! If we really do our part as missionaries and try connect, and work the way the Lord has shown us these past few conferences, the Lord WILL bless the work. We are having a mini MTC in the ward this Sunday, and we are SO pumped. It is going to be awesome! The ward members of Vila Prudente are INCREDIBLE. I could go on and on and on about them. I love this ward so much. I have seen some of the best examples in this ward.

We have continued to teach Danilo and Mariza. They are doing awesome. Mariza hasn´t been able to make it to church yet, but Danilo went last week and he went to conference both days! We were a little scared he maybe wouldn´t go on Saturday, so we were hoping so much that he would. When he answered and said he was going, Sister Jensen and I hung up the phone and screamed. We screamed so loud that Irma Cida, our neighbor, came and was like "Sisters, are you okay?" Uh, yeah Irma Cida, we just get overly excited sometimes. He loved conference! We really want to focus on getting Mariza to church this week. I am positive that she has a testimony already, and going to church will just strengthen her testimony even more. She has read The Book of Mormon and loved it. Something she said was was something along the lines was it is just so simple. Yes we have a gospel of simplicty, and I love it. She also told us that she had been praying for something in her life and then we came along. She said she just knows that we were the answers to her prayers. Ah, she is such a sweetheart. Now just come to church Mariza!!

SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED THIS WEEK. You guys! Missions are the best. Ever since I have been here we have tried teaching Gemmeul, Amanda, Geovana, and Cesar´s oldest brother. He has always been kinda like ehhhh whatever, tchau sisters. Okay! Well, he has come to church and still kind of avoided us, but after having gone to church, he wants to be baptized! AHHH! He is getting baptized this Saturday on his 18th birthday. It is so interesting to me how the Lord has timing for everything. Gemmeul was sharing with us how he has been to lots of churches and how he kind of became disenchanted with all of them. He said after going to church, he just feels something different there. Ah, we are so excited! 

From this conference I think what stuck out to me most is charity. We need to simply love others. When others show charity to me, I can just feel it so strongly. I feel so happy, and it just makes you feel great. I want to make others feel that way. We live in a world where men´s hearts are growing colder. I think ours need to grow warmer and brighter than ever. I really want to strive to make others feel charity. This gospel really is a gospel of love, and as we share that love with others we can perhaps make them feel Heavenly Father´s love for them as Elder Scott said. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS. SO MUCH!!!

Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

Gems Of The Week:

We got home and Irma Cida is chatting with us and A COCKAROACH FLEW ON MY SHIRT. IT FLEW. I think I almost had a panic attack. All I saw was Irma Cida hit my shirt, and Sister Jensen scream. I was almost crying and then decided I was 20 years old and a missionary and I shouldn´t cry.

I threw up on the side of the road. I wasn´t sick or felt sick though. it just kinda happened.

Felipe and Erica Cascardi got us Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert. I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment