Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sorry it is short. I also haven´t written anyone because I was doing schooling stuff. Gracias. 3/24/2014

Hello World,
This week Sister Jensen got here! WOWIE. I just love her LOADS. She is the best ever. This week has been crazy cool.

I have been learning so much about how to really let the Spirit take control of lessons lately. On Tuesday we visited Yuni, and boy were we in for a surprise. We got there and when she rung us in the interfone, she wasjust like, I need talk to guys, really bluntly. Uh okay, except I was freaked because she didn´t sound very happy. We got there and she was like I looked up your religion and you guys are a cult, and you make secret promises to get money and I am in no way wanting to be a part of this. I want to worship God and God only! The Book of Mormon is talked about in the Bible ever. I know the Bible! That was my first experience like this on my mission and I wasjust like oh my gosh, what do I do? Sister Jensen is the best at prayers and luckily we had prayed right before going in. I prayed in my mind, and just asked if we could share a few scriptures with her which she then allowed. Since we were led by the Spirit, the lesson took a whole different route. Through the Spirit she understood, and by the end agreed to come to church again. It was a miracle!! Unfortunately she didn´t come on Sunday but I am excited to see her on our visit tomorrow!! I don´t know if I have mentioned, but Adrianna can´t read or write. However, when we taught the gospel of Christ and she understod perfectly, but through the Spirit. Everytime we teach now I just think of Elder Evans, "They taught by the Spirit, they learned by the Spirit, they both rejoiced!" It was honestly so cool.

Another really cool miracle happened this week. We have been trying really hard to get the 20 addresses every day. On one of these days, we were walking and contacting when Sister Jensen went up to this guy at a gate and started to talk to him. His name was Celio and he asked us if we were gypsies because of our clothing. It was really funny. As we started to talk to him he goes, did you know I was baptized in that church 40 years ago? He is a inactive of 20 years and none of his family is baptized! He invited us in, and wants us to teach his whole family. When we were leaving he kept saying yeah, I know lots of people you can teach! Well great!!! It was such a cool miracle to see.
Over and out,
Sister Carvalho


This Monumento of Brasil´s independance is in our zone and we went there last week!!

 I really love this guy. His name is Pedro. Because of Dom Pedro. (ya´ll can look up Brasil´s history)

Ed Sheeraning it.
 Monumento!

No comments:

Post a Comment