Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ELDER RUSSEL M.NELSON IS COMING TO MY MISSION MAY 21st! AHHHHHHH! 5/5/2014

Hi Lovely People!!!

I am sorry I am just so so so so so so excited about Elder Nelson coming. I think about it at least twice a day. Okay, let´s be honest, more than two times a day. Also, I am listening to this currently : https://www.lds.org/youth/music?lang=eng Christmas music in May. YES!

Wow. This week was probably the craziest week of my whole mission for a myriad of reasons. There was lots of miracles that happened here in Cachoeira. A total flip from last week! I think it is interesting that our entire mission is focusing on charity because I have pondered lots on charity this week. I was reading letters from my family and friends at home, and it sounds funny but I remembered that there is actually people that love me and I used to be around all the time at home. I just felt so much love and happiness for them. It then made me remember all of the people from my areas. Lorena, Cumbica, Vila Prudente, and Cachoeira. All of the sweet people I have had the privilege of teaching, all of the amazing members, and I just kind of sat on my bed and was just filled with gratitude and love. One of my favorite quotes says "All that we love deeply becomes a part of us" I carry all of these people in my pocket with me, I could never ever forget them. I believe that charity just expands and grows and all of a sudden pieces of your heart are just everywhere! On the flip side, I was also talking to a member in our branch who is a return missionary and she is awesome! We were talking about missions, and something she said impacted me a lot. On her mission, she was having a hard time finding people to teach and her president said "Have charity sister" to which she said, what I have charity, I pray for these people, I love these people. He then said no Sister, you just simply need to love everyone as Christ would. Not expecting to teach them, but just love them. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. If we see all of the people around us for who they truly are, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and had the purest love for them, we would treat each other very differently. This week I want to study charity more and develop more charity for all those around me. I want to encourage all of you to study Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel, the charity section, and find all the scriptures you can! I will be doing the same and report next week.

     This week we had three huge miracles. The first was Tuesday night. We were walking to an appointment and this guy rode by me in a bicycle. Normally it is really hard to talk to people on bikes because they move speedy quick, but I felt like I should talk to him. I just yelled after him, Hey what is your name!?! He then stopped and his name is Ulisses. During a nice chat, he told us that he was really wanting the gospel in his life and that he has already taken the discussions and been to church. WHAT! We invited him to baptism and he accepted just like that! Unfortunately, he has been really busy this week so we didn´t get to teach him, but we are looking forward to it!! A similar incident happened, when we met Marcelo. He is the sweetest. He was in an accident and has his leg with a cage thing on it with pins that go through his bones. Marcelo has also been to church already, and when we taught him he said "I believe! I will be baptized!!" We then felt impressed to talk to him about the Word of Wisdom. He doesn´t drink, smoke, and when we asked about coffee, hw just says I never drink coffee I don´t even like coffee! I was FREAKING out. Marcelo has a date set for the 18th and we are so so so so happy for him. A complete miracle.  We also met a lady named Roseli, and as we spoke to her she just said she has been to a lot of churches and she just wants to find the right one. All of these people, are all people who have been prepared by the Lord. Two weeks ago I felt so strongly that the Lord was preparing people, and this week we have been finding these people who are prepared by the Lord. It so humbling to know that this is the Lord´s work. Not mine, nor Sister Beazer´s but His work, and if we are following His will, we can be effective instruments in His hands. More and more I am realizing that the whisperings of the Spirit aren´t a GO TALK TO HER, but it is very gentle, and subtle. When we follow the Spirit´s promptings, we can do the Lord´s will. It is awesome.
 
PLease please pray for Marcelo, Bette, Ulisses, and Roseli. Your prayers most defintely worked last week, because we found AMAZING people this week. I am grateful for all of you and your prayers!!! OH ONE MORE THING. Tomorrow are interviews with President and I am going to ask him if I can stay until December 16th instead of November 5th which is my current return date. If I leave in Novemeber I won´t even complete 17 months! On December 16th it  will be three days after my 18th month mark. PROJECT: KEEP SISTER TIFFANY CARVALHO IN BRAZIL UNTIL DECEMBER 16th! Love you guys!
Love,
Sister Carvalho

Gems of the Week:

We always walk by this fruit tree (acerola) and it smells SO good. Everytime Sister Beazer goes "Oh my gosh, is that a pear tree it smells so good" After the third time, I was just like "Sister, when have y ou smelled a pear tree?" 
Sister Beazer: " Uh, well I´ve smelled an apple tree and a pine tree."
Sister Carvalho: But not a pear tree? So how do you know what one smells like?
LOTS OF LAUGHING FOLLOWED.

This one day was a little hard so I took a picture pretending I was depressed. I think it is hilarious.
  Sister Beazer needed to get her foot inserts from Lorena so we went and had lunch at..... BIANCA´S!!!!!!!!!! I love Bianca!!! She has this fluffy snob dog named Toby. I like him.

 Bianca!!!
 Some of my favorite people! Carols and Lais took us to McDonald´s as a farewell. Notice our brick phone on the table. I might have been anxious to get transfer calls.
 I love this family SO much. Silvia got baptized this SUnday:) She is in the pink!!
 CREEPY bug. 
 Mark 16:15; Preach the gospel unto every creature they said. Okay!
 A cute member made me this!!
Last day with the bestest sisters!

 I LOVE LOVE LOVE STELLA AND ANA!!
 NADIA!!! AND IRMA LUZIA! Nadia is now a ward missionary and does visits every Sunday. Tender moments.
 These are real pictures I have taken without ANY effects, Brasil is BEAUTIFUL.

 The P-day before transfers Sister Jensen and I had a clothing exchange and we took a selfie. Hahahah
 We got an Easter egg from Mariana!!! She always tells me "Sister, I like offering you chocolate because you always accept!" Hahahahhaa
Cool poster!

No comments:

Post a Comment