Monday, July 1, 2013

Blessings! So many blessings!

Soooooo my area is Lorena! Me and my companion SIster Waite are opening the area. She reminds me of a mixture of Alison and Lexi. Sooo she s great. Ta da! It took three and half hours to get here from Sao Paulo, it super close to the borders of my mission. It is a little town "no interior" so none of the violence or protests is going  on here. The protests kind of remind me of Les Mis "Do you hear the people singgg!" hahahaha. So I can´t really recount the mtc because it feels like forever ago. But it was really good and I learned a lot. Lorena is incredible. We didn´t even get to the city and the bishop already called us to pick us up On Tuesday we went to Lorena with some Elders who were also being tranferred near there. and take us to our house. All of the elders kept making fun of me for having two suitcases and one carry on, they kept asking if I was serving a three year mission. I am not even sorry about it, I need all that stuff! Lorena is incredible. We didn´t even get to the city and the bishop already called us to pick us up and take us to our house. We got there at like10:30 and then at 11:30 his wide came and brought us Brazilian hot dogs. So nice. The members here are incredible! Ahhhh! The next day Cristina ( a lady from the ward) called us to say that her daughter would show us around town. We visited a some members, then went to Bianca´s house for lunch, who Poliana ( Cristina´s daghter) said spoke English so she would be thrilled to talk to us. We get there and this Brazilian lady starts whipping out perfect SOUTHERN English. It is so funny! She made such good food and then we were talking to her and her husband Alessandro about conversion stories, and he said he took a five years to get baptized after his sister ANdrea but that the pioneer missionary in his family was Elder McDonald in 1988. I was like WHAT!? He doesn´t remember his name though, or where he was from, or if the mission was SAo Paulo or Campinas. So someone figure out if that is Jarom´s dad please. As we were leaving the message, Bianca´s friend came for an English class, and listened to the message and said her and her husband would love a visit. WHAT? We just got here, and we already have an investigator! Her name is Bruna, and her husband is Pedro. More stuff happened obviously but I want to focus on the last two days. Soooo many miracles. We visited a family whose boy´s just got baptized, and the want to teach their sister and the parents. The parents are named Maria and Carlos and they aren´t married but hope that they soon will be! They bth want to be baptized. As we were talking, one of the nieghbors came up and said he talked to one of his Mormon friends and would like us to stop by. His name is Elio. Well we didn´t go back for a few days because it is on the other side of town, but we did one day and they weren´t home. That same day As we were walking home, we were so tired. We probably walk 10-12 miles a day. Anyways, I was thinking I really wish a member would show up with a ride. We had a forty minute walk ahead of us. When puff, Elio and his wife Priscilla show up and offfer us a ride! And we had been wanting to talk to them. We were feeling so blessed! That was Saturday. Sunday none of our investigators came to church. Which was sad. But then things got incredible. After church, the ward missionaries, Suely and Josi, came with us on visits. Josi had a reference that we went to visit. The parents aren´t married, but they said they would this week to get baptized! And there son wants to be baptized too! The lady´s name is Cida. As we were teaching, the scripture John 3:5 popped into my head. I didn´t even know that scirpture. I decided to look it up quietly while SIster Waite was talking and it had everything to do with baptism. Which minutes later, she asked me to explain. Miracle number two.Also that this family wants to be baptized. It feels like there are just golden investigators being dropped from Heaven. Ahhhhhhhh. Miracle number three happened when we went back to visit Elio and Priscilla. We taught them, and they aren´t married either. They love each other so much and want to be with each other for eternity. So guess where I am going tomorrow? THE CARTORIO so they can get married! And they are getting baptized. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Also, I saw a HUGE spider in their house and I kept praying that it wouldn´t come out or come by me, and that prayer was answered. I love my mission. I love it I love it I love it! I have grown already, and have learned already. This work isn´t our work. This isn´t my mission, it´s the Lord´s! So all of these incredible things come through Him. He wants everyone to be happ and have this gospel. Yay I just love everything. I wanted to put in pictures, but don´t have time! Also, 30 emails. Holy cow you guys. I love all of you!!!!
SIster Carvalho


No comments:

Post a Comment