Monday, July 15, 2013

An update!


So emailing stresses me out. It is official. I haveen´t quite figured out the tatic yet to get to everyone. And I feel SO bad when I can only write a short response, or don´t write back at all. Also, everyone probably thinks I am a spaz. Which I am. But it´s cool. But truly, all the emails mean so much to me. And make me so happy! I read them all, and I promise to get back to you all eventually. I am sorry if I have hurt anyone´s feelings. I had uploaded all the pictures last week and then they wouldn´t send and Sister Waite said we could only send two at a time. So only two random ones got sent. I am going to try an cover lots of questions that were asked. So I live in an apartment a house away from the church building just Sister Waite and I. It is on top of a Xerox place. It is sweet! The members here are so good! I have a firm testimony that missionary work best happens through the members. At home I was always really passive on sharing the gospel. I didn´t want to offend anyone or make things weird. But it is so important. And it won´t be weird if you share it with love. Don´t we all want others to know how happy the gospel makes us? All of the people we baptized were all references from the members. All of them! Something else that I am sure of is that the Lord prepares people. I am nothing but an instrument in the Lord´s hands.My job is to be prepared by having the Spirit with me and reading my scriptures. I know that if I am doing those things, the Lord will guide me to the right people, and have me know exactly what He wants me to say. Just this week we visited a less active member that said she just didn´t feel like going to church. Nothing had happened, no one had offended her, she just felt most comfortable at home. She just always wants to stay home. Just that morning I had read 3rd Nephi 9:13-14(I am nt 100% sure it was 9. It might have been 10) where Christ says to come unto Him. It is so simple! The gospel is so simple. We are the ones that complicate it. All Christ wants is for us to come unto Him. We can be our happiest and best if we have faith in the Lord and come unto Him. Ahhhh the gospel is so good! So good. So I was able to share that with this lady, because I know that the Lord wants her to come unt Him! And she will be happy again and not want to stay home all the time! This week we had four baptisms, and one later on today at 5! Lorena is blessed. The members are excited about missionary work, they love the missionaries, and the references they have are prepared! During all four of their baptisms, I just felt warm. Like a blanket was wrapped around me. I am so happy for them! I know that this choice that they made will bless their lives so much. I am so happy that the happiness the gospel brings me, they can have it too! Ahhhhhh BATISMOS! First there was Silvia and Ana Marcia. Their mom was baptized 13 years ago and is inactive. We found them because we were teaching another family (their story soon to come) and Silvia is their neighbor so she was always there. We taught them and they both got so excited. Alessandra their mom was really quiet at first but after the baptism something within her awakened. We visited her after and she was just like I need to do what is right!  I know what is true, and I am going at it full force. I am so excited for them. Next is Kaylane! Her two brothers were baptized last month, and now she was! Their family is so sweet! They already all read scriptures together and they are so well mannered! I love them. Lastly we have Felipe. Poliana gave him as a reference and HOLY COW. We stopped by at first and just gave him a pamphlet on the Restoration because we were on our way to another visit. When we came back the next day, he was just like yeah all of this stuff is stuff I had already believed in before. I just have a few questions on the preisthood and how the church was restored.  WHAT!? Okay! His faith and prepardeness just amazes me. I am so so so happy for all these people. And I am so happy that they have the gospel in their lives now. I know it will change their lives for the absolute best. I know that Christ lives, and loves us. I know that if we come unto Him everything will just fall into place. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God and that he restored the true church on the earth. I love the gospel, and I am so grateful that I can share it with everyone. Thank you so much to everyone that has influnced my life thus far and has helped me get here. Love you!
PS If you send me a letter by the end of this week, I will for sure get it the 30th because Sister Waite and I have to go to the mission officce then to renew her visa. Wooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment