Monday, July 29, 2013

Another awesome week!

This week was once again, awesome. It is always an awesome week though. This Friday was the wedding! It went so well! This computer won´t let me send pictures outherwise there would be a picture overload because last week the computer was dumb too. Dang it! Cida and Claudinei! Ahhhhhhhhh I am so happy for them!! Cida decided not to be baptized this week because she has a phobia of water, she almost drowned twice, so yeah. But we are hopíng that she will this week! We know that she knows it is true. Claudinei´s baptism. Oh my gosh! There has beeen the most incredible difference in him since we first met him. He was kind of a sad looking person before, but now he is always so happy and smiling. He is so solid. He always wants to do what is right. The Spirit was strong at his baptism. To know that he has made that specail covenant with his Heavenly Father and is on his way is truly amazing. He can be sealed with his family one day! He can hold the preisthood!  It makes me so happy for him. Just pure happiness for him! When people are baptized, you just think holy cow this is what it is all about. Bringing people unto Christ! The same day as the wedding we visited a reference we had waited on visiting all week, her name is Camila. We talked to her for a little, and invited her to the wedding. She said she would come, so we arranged for a ride to pick her up because she lives far! When we got there she was waiting with her daughter at the gate. After the wedding we were showing her around the chapel and she started talking to Sister Waite and I and said that she felt so much peace around us. She also said that she felt like she had known us her whole life. I then bore my testimony of why we are happy, and we bring peace, because of the gospel! There was a sweet spirit. Yesterday we visited her and her mother and it went super well. Later that night, Sister Waite and I were planning when we get a phone call. It was Camila. At first she just asked if we got home okay, and made remarks about it being cold. After a little she says, so I read that chapter you marked and at first I was a little unsure if I should be baptized. But after reading that chapter, I want to baptized, I know it is true! I started jumping up and down in the kitchen. When we visited her, her sister in law and Mom were super receptive as well. I am so excited for them! What is funny is  that my second week here, none of our investigators showed up for church. Zero. It is a sad feeling. Then that Sunday we met Claudinei´s family. This Sunday no one showed up again. Que tristeza. Then we taught Camila and her family. Da hora. We knew that this week would be slowing down, and we kept praying that the Lord would guide us to find more people. When we do that, we need to put in the work though. We just can´t pray and wait for things to happen. At first, it seemed like not much was going on, but the Lord will ALWAYS answer our prayers. He also promises us in 3rd Nephi that if we pray for something good, with real intent, He will give it to us.I have a testimony of that! Because not only has it happened this week, but many times. Thanks so much for all the prayers! I can feel them! I love you guys!
Love love love love,
Sister Carvalho



No comments:

Post a Comment