Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oi pessoal! {Hi guys!}

Oi pessoal! It has been another grand week in Brazil. But what is new there? The week started off with Sister Waite and I going to Sao Paulo for P day since we had to be there the next day anyways so Sister Waite could renew her visa. We went bowling and then had to hurry to another area because President wanted us to stay with sisters that were closer to the mission office. When we got to there house, SIster Bruno had forgotten the house keys with her companion that was on splits in another area in Sao Paulo. Lets just say I was tired afterthe whole ordeal, but it was a great adventure. This week we really tried to focus on the Galvaos and Camila. Camila is amazing. Holy cow she is amazing! Everything we teach her she just soaks it all up and does her part by studying as well. We taught the Word of Wisdom and one of the scriptures I read she had just read that day. Weird little coincidences like that keep happening with her but I know it isn't coincidence! The Lord truly prepares us all. On Saturday we had the oppurtunity of going to a fireside that Elder Cruz of the seventy was speaking at and we got to bring Camila and her daughter Raisa with us. I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was so strong! He played a video of how the Atonement and missionary work go hand in hand. Sometimes it easy to get frustrated, but my favorite part of the email was when Elder Holland said Salvation isn't easy. It was never easy It is so true. I know and can testify of who we alll truly are. Sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I know that He loves us, and I know that our whole purpose in being here is to reutrn to live with Him again someday. That is why I am on a mission. I want that for everyone. And no it isn't easy. Life is hard. But life is also so good! And we can be so blessed through the gospel. Camila cried through it and felt the Spirit so strongly as well. It was an awesome experience. The Galvaos! So Dianna and Jose are getting married this Saturday to be baptized on Sunday. I love those two, I feel like they have been my friends forever. Dianna and Jose were a little scared that they would do what is wrong after, but after talking to them they are solid! That family just wants to do what is right. We had a super tender moment with Claudinei when we said goodbye to him because he is having a major surgery. I think it is a hip replacement. I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and that these people I am meeting, I was supposed to meet. I love them. I am so grateful that I get to be here in Brazil serving a mission. I know that if we pray to know of the veracity and truthfulness of this gospel we will know. I encourage all of you do so because I promise you will recieve an answer.

A cool wall in São Paulo 
Claudinei with Alessandro! Alessandro baptized Claudinei. I just love Claudinei. Ilove  love love th Galvaos! 
Bowling in Sao Paulo. SIster Ab
reu in the yellow is from Portugal. She is hilarious I love her.
São Paulo 
The wedding! CLaudinei was baptized the next day!! Dianna and Jose are getting married this Saturday and baptized on Sunday! Woooooo. They are such a good family
We went to Sao Paulo so SIster Waite could renew her visa and we got to go bowling for pday with some of Sister Waite´s other missionary friends. There was a McDonalds. Never have I ever loved McDonalds more in my whole life.
It got freakishly cold, but it is hot now again. I had two layers of tights here.
Claudinei´s baptism. Apparently no one likes to smile. Hahaha. But Claudinei is incredible. I have learned so much from him.
Pedro KAuan! He is such a special little boy. I expect great grat things out of him. When Bishop confirmed him, healso gave him a blessing and blessed hiim that he will serve a mission. He will be a powerful missionary. I can just see it now!
Real acai!!! It's sooooo good


No comments:

Post a Comment