Friday, August 30, 2013

Send me letters!

First off, I would pretty please like letters. Like if I got letters it would make me probably jump for joy. Just kidding, I am a spaz, I would jump for joy. Except four people have asked me now what my address is so I don't think anyone knows it. Here it is:
Sister Tiffany Carvalho
Brasil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa- A 229 Belenzinho
SAo Paulo- SP Brasil

This week was kind of strange. It was really great, don't get me wrong, but it was not your typical mission week. So Monday was P-day, then Tuesday my poor mission mother, Sister Waite got so sick. She could hardly get up but she wanted to go to lunch because Josi had references for us, and she wanted to visit Tereza who is getting baptized this week. Dedication much? She is awesome. So we did that and then went home. I read conference talks, made a passion fruit mousse, and cleaned up the kitchen. Then we picked up Sister Borges and Sister Melo because Wednesday we had our first mission conference! It was sooooooooooo good. It made me so much more excited to do this work. One of my most favorite parts was this video they showed, and anyways I won't explain it all due to time, but the message was are we going to make Christ's sacrifice worth it? I want to! I have a firm testimony of the Savior and His love for us. I can feel it so much here on the mission. I want others to feel it to, and I want to serve my Heavenly Father by bringing others unto Christ. I know He lives. Everyone else should know it too and come unto Him! So I have got to work, work, work! I read an old Ensign that talked about Elder Bednar because it was when he was first ordained an apostle. His son said that his dad would tell him the following on the mission, when it gets hard, go to work and success will come. When the success comes, remember that God gave it and you did not earn it's That isn't it exactly because I don't have the quote with me but it is so true. This is the Lord's work. Something I have also been reflecting on lately is obdience. Obdience with exactness. We have heaps of rules on the mission, but it is for good. I won't ever forget Sister Ashby and her testimony of being obdient with exactness. When we are obedient, blessings WILL come. It doesn't matter how small the commandment or how big, the Lord will always bless us. D&C 82:10 says the Lord is bound when we do what he commands us. Don't we want blessings? Ai, this gospel is so simple, but we complicate it so much. We will either obey or we won't. Grey areas don't exist. I was trying to go into the grey by telling myself it was okay to get up at 6:45 if I woke up at 6:30 and just laid there. But justification isn't real. Either we are obdient or we aren't. Either the Lord blesses us or he won't. He never gives us half blessings, so why would we give half obdience? I know that as I try my hardest to be obdient, Heavenly Father will truly bless me, and he will bless Sister Waite and I as we teach and try and find more people. In other news, I am currently in Cachoeira Paulista and I have been here since Friday. We are on splits and I am with Sister Melo and will be here until tomorrow morning. She is such an example to me! She is a model and actress, and has only been a member for 11 months. President Ferrin let her serve a short mission (corto prazo, it doesn磘 esist anymore) and she left her whole life to serve. Solid. I am so exicted to be in Brazil. I can feel myself growing and changing, which is good. I am so excited to serve Heavenly Father. I can feel the blessings coming. Just today I read some of the best news ever and just sat here crying out of joy. That has happened lots while emailing. I hope all is well in your lives, and that you all have a splendid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment