Monday, July 29, 2013

Good week!

This week was soooooo good! Yay! So starting with last Monday. We had a P-Day with our zone and I had my first chuhassco while in Brasil! So good. Followed by, Pedro´s batismo! That little boy is incredible. When we first started teaching his family it was through Josi who gave us a reference to his mom, Cida. As a newbie, it is my job to invite people to be baptized. As soon as I invited him and Cida, he raised his hand right as I was done talking and said `Can I please give my opinion´and we were like yes of course! I want to baptized. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Except he didn´t turn 8 until last Monday and he chose to be baptized on his birthday! Cida and Claudinei (his parents) are getting married this Friday at the church and baptized on Saturday. I love that family SO much. Holy cow. They all have changed so much. But I will write more about the rest of the family next week. Just to show you the type of little boy Pedro is, I want to share a story his Mom (cida) told us. During that week she said Pedro, after church next week we can stop by the feira (like a farmer´s market) and get you a pastel. He looked at Cida and said no mom we can´t do that! When she asked him why he said, because at church we learned that we need to keep the sabbath day holy, and if we buy that pastel, the man will have to work to make it for me and that isn´t keeping the sabbath day holy. He then suggested that they buy some coxinhas (brasilian food, mmm so good) and that Cida fry them for him the night before on a Saturday so that no one would have to work. I love Pedro!!!! After his baptism we had a family home evening with Pedro´s family at Luzia´s house because it was her birthday too and a few people from the ward came as well. So much good food. It´s a killer. Sister Waite and I then taught a lesson on D&C 137 and eternal families. At the end, Sister Waite bore her testimony and the Spirit was so strong. Then I bore mine, and the Spirit was so so strong. I know that this gospel is true and that families can be together forever! When I bore my testimony, it made me think of my family and how much I love them. And that the gospel, makes me so happy. I can´t help but say that every email because it does. You want true happiness~ Then anchor your life in the gosepl and in Christ. I promise you that you will feel happiness. Bearing my testimony made me feel so alive and it truly showed me why I am here in Brasil. It was so good. I now would like to share an adventure I had with Sister Waite this week. (Oh ps everyone keeps asking me about bugs because they know I am terrified. I haven´t seen any besides a huge spider but I think that is because the first time we went shopping here I bought a can of Raid and I spray it around the house at least twice a week. The goal here is to avoid bugs) So we were trying to get to a neighborhood called Cecap and I wanted to take the bus because it was hot. It´s hot here and it is winter. I am so scared for summer. Anyways, I could tell that Sister Waite wasn´t as enthused but didn´t say no either so we took the bus. This was the first ´shortcut´. When we reached the stop I was like okay let´s go and Sister Waite was just like oh no, it will drop off closer. One more stop. No it will drop us off closer. We started going down this highway and I am like ahhhhh so the next stop we got off and had a long ways to walk. After 15 minutes of walking we finally can see the neighborhood and we see these little boys running into this huge huge field with horses in it. If we crossed the field it would be another shortcut. Sister Waite loves adventure and turns to me and says Sister, let´s cross the field. I was just like uhhh, are you sure~ Sister Waite just said yeah yeah yeah, let´s go! I relucantly went, because I felt bad after the whole bus fiasco. We start trekking this field and my feet would go in past my  ankles in this grass. Sister Waite is just laughing and is like ahhhhhh this is so cool, and I am thinking there is probably super scary bugs in this and snakes and I was just stressed. We were almost done crossing it when I stepped in a little bit of water and I was like what is this. Sister Waite was ahead and 20 seconds later she says sister, I just stepped in water past my ankles. She was like let´s just go, and I said no thank you I will cross the field and go around. We stood there trying to decide what to do when the little boys who were on the other side of the field yelled, Girls over here! We cross the field to where they were and they said just go through here it is just water. We went through it and the water literally went up to my knees almost. It was so funny. I then quoted Pride and Prejudice after and said, ´did you see her hem~Six inches deep in mud´ Except I had pulled my skirt so it was fine. The moral of the story here is don´t take shortcuts. They are never worth it, and good hard work will always pay off in the end. Thank you all so much for your prayers and examples. I love all of you lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment