Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools

The title of this blog is totally misleading because it has absolutely nothing to do with April Fools. Except I will say this, on the video of when I got my wisdom teeth out and I am high as a kite, I definitely say that they take out my teeth and are like April Fools your teeth are gone. It was definitely January 31st and not April 1st then. So this week is conference! Which I am so excited about. I remember being 8 and trying to fall asleep during conference because I was bored and that was the only way to get out of watching it. What a great child I was. Now I can't wait for conference and I really look forward to it. Two of my sweet friends Sarah and Tori had a fantastic idea to prepare for conference. They are the best girls ever, and I love them. http://generalconferenceprep2013.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-time-to-prepare-general-conference.html?spref=fb . Basically, all week you prepare to hear what the Lord wants our prophets to teach us and guide us in. I know that President Monson and the apostles are men called of God, and that the Lord reveals to them what he would have us know. To really get out the most we can out of conference, we should try and have the Spirit more present in our everyday lives. Sometimes, we become to wrapped up in the world around us. I am excited for a break in media because I feel as if I have been way too connected lately. Too much facebook, too much instagram, too much snapchat. So I deleted those apps from my phone to not even  be notified or tempted, and this blog post is my last recreational use of the internet. I think that media can sometimes really cause us to become too caught up in it and we lose sight of what is most important. I look forward to getting rid of it for the week, and just slowing it down and having more time to focus on important things. Sarah and Tori's idea is the best, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I am going through the temple this Friday. Not only does this awesome conference preparation prepare me for conference, but also for the temple by drawing close to the Savior. I really encourage all 3 of you who read my blog to unplug and really try and prepare yourself. When we do wholesome things like this, we are able to more aptly feel and listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Hey just ask the girl who looked like an idiot as she was bawling to "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" on her way to work. Happy conference week!

No comments:

Post a Comment