Monday, November 4, 2013

More Miracles

So this week we had a miracle and a baptism. It was so great. Miracles always happen after the hard times, and just at the perfect time. We have had a hard time finding people to teach so we are doing way more contacts. Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here is my number, can we teach you maybe? So we got sick this week. My stomach started hurting so bad on Tuesday. It felt like I had a towel inside me and someone was squeezing it the tightest they could. Sister Aledo felt the same way, and she got it way worse. I think it lasted until Saturday, whereas on ThursdyI felt fairly better. We think our water might be contaminated because apparently all of Guarlulhos is. So Em and Meag, as my best friends you two should probably start a campaign for People Water to come to Brazil. Thanks. We now have to buy huge jugs of water. Da hora.
                 
 Two of our baptisms fell after having fallen before so it was so sad. It is just like AH! Why don´t you get this? This is the key to being your happiest ever! Tayná´s baptism did go through this week though. She is such a special little girl. She reminds a little bit of my little sister´s. My sisters really are something else, man oh man. Everytime we would visit her she just had scriptures she had read and would show us her favorite verses. She is wise beyond her years. Right after she got dressed in her baptismal clothes she just started crying. And crying because she was so happy. There was the sweetest Spirit at her baptism. After Sister Aledo and I helped her come out of the font she just started crying even more because she was so happy! SHE IS SO SWEET OH MY GOSH. Her mom came in and asked how she felt and all she could say was she couldn´t explain it. I am so happy for her. I feel like amazing things will come out of that little girl, I just know it. And now for the miracle! Wowie. So we pick up all these children who were baptized before I got here to come to church each week. Yesterday we had 9 kids come with us and they aren´t the most reverent always. This week a dog of theirs literally followed us all the way from the favela to the chapel. After being stressed from the kids, we make our way to class when we hear scratching at the door. The dog was not leaving and was making the doors shake, and loud. Sister Aledo and I had to go out and stay by the dog otherwise it would disturb everyone and wouldn´t leave. I will not even lie, I was so so so ticked at that dumb dog yesterday, but now I am so grateful for it. As we were out there, a woman came by and she asked if there was a way she could see the hymns. Her sister was a member who had passed away a few years ago and had a favorite song she always sang. She said she was dreaming about her sister lately and she just felt like she needed to come to the chapel. OH MY MIRACLES. I also now have a love/hate relationship with that dog. We had a really sweet moment and we are going to visit her tomorrow. I have a really really good feeling about this lady. I am seriously so pumped, please pray for Marli! Also Maria, a lady who lives on our street, we are visiting her on Wednesday!
                
Another thing! This week we had interviews with President Ferrin. I love him so much! Seriously. I know he is truly inspired and called of God. Ah he and Sister Ferrin are great. While we waited for interviews, we watched this Mormon Message: 


and everything just started click clicking in my brain. This is why families are so sacred. Because our Heavenly Father feels the same way as he does as a normal dad for His kids. He cares about us. Ah this video just depicted it perfectly. Loved it. Mormon Messages are grand. That is all for this week! I love all of you lots! Thank you for the prayers they mean the world. Us missionaries can truly feel them everyday!

Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

Good Quotes from this week:

Sister Aledo: (said something about Christmas)

Me: Oh my gosh I love love love Christmas!

Sister Aledo: Obviously, you sleep with a Santa blanket every night.

Me: Touché.



So our LD busted his knee and might have to go home. So sad. Pray for Elder McKeon please. Tonight, because he finds out if he has to go home tomorow. But every night, Sister Aledo interrogates him on if he is taking care of his knee right. 

Sister Aledo: Are you elevating your knee?

Elder McKeon: Yes

Sister Aledo: Do you have pants on?

I laughed so hard I cried. She was trying to see if had shorts on because it is better circulation but it just came out wrong. oh my. It was too good.
 
I celebrated my most favourite season ever by making brownies with the
autumn themed things my sweet mother sent me.
I now know why all the boys love me. (that was sarcasm, obviously)
Last p-day. This mural is by our house and it scares me. 
I went to my first birthday party! This family is so sweet. The mom (Jeiza)
got baptized the week I got here. They already give references, and asked
for a list of people we are teaching so they can pray for them because they
saw it on conference. LOVE THEM!
I smelled this flower and got orange stuff all over my face. Typical. 
Adriana (Tayná´s mom) and Tayná!
I love her so so much!
Elder Diaz baptized her! He is from Argentina and he really helped Tayná
gain a testimony, he is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment