Sunday, October 13, 2013

Great week!

I have learned so much this week, like whoa! Wasn´t conference absolutely incredible? The first session I cried through most of, because I was just so so happy! SO HAPPY! I love this gospel so much. The rest of the sessions I was able to compose myself. But honestly, I know this gospel is true with my whole being. I know  it! I am so happy I am serving a mission. While watching I had the thought, everyone needs to know there is a prophet speaking right now. Everyone needs to know that they are children of our loving Heavenly Father. Everyone needs to know that we have a Savior, and that He wants nothing more for us than to use His infinite Atonement. Then I thought, oh wait I am a missionary. I am having the oppurtunity to share this with the people of Brazil right now. Right now! Ahhh! I think conference kind of woke me up. It made me feel so excited and so refreshed to just tell everyone about this. To be honest and frank, this week was hard. It seemed we found hardly any new people to teach, and it seemed that almost all of our investigators fell. These things happen. Also, it seems that every tragic moment that has happened in my mission has happened in the rain. Which is kind of dramatic and awesome. But finding people to teach starts with me! Missionary work starts with me. I have the scriptures. I have the Savior on my side. I have all the right tools, I just need to use it more effectively. After Elder Ballard´s talk, and he was so direct and said we need to talk to more people if we want more people to teach. That hit me so hard! Ah. I want to be a better missionary, and I want to help people come unto Christ. All of the happiest moments in my mission thus far, have come from feeling the Savior´s love for me. They have come when others feel this as well and I can see them coming unto this joy I feel. So how important is this work? So important. I don´t think it has  ever been more apparent. Yesterday, we talked to two of our investigators about baptism because they were still a little unsure about the decision. I testified to them of the importance of baptism, and how much the Savior loves them and wants them to follow Him. In this moment, I could feel the Spirit working through me. I literally felt like I was just a vessel and I could feel the Spirit teaching and not me. I could see it in the investigator´s eyes and I could feel it. It was incredible. It was the neatest feeling. I feel like this week I have truly learned how to become a better missionary, and how to work harder than before. How great is all of this? How blessed are we? We are all so blessed.
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

No comments:

Post a Comment