Sunday, October 13, 2013

I got transferred!

So guess what. I GOT transferred. To Cumbica. Favelas ate o po! Lots of tears were shed. President had called SAturday and had given hints that I was going to be a senior and he told Sister Waite to pack her bags. So logico nos duas pensamos com certeza ela vai ir. Monday we planned on visiting all of the recent converts and planned a family home evening with Bispo and Bianca, Our favorite families. I didn't even bother saying goodbye because of what President had said. So when we got the call, it was the biggest shock ever. I just cried. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LORENA. Amo amo amo amo.I love the members. I love the people we have helped come unto Christ. I love Sister Waite. I want to be her companion for the rest of the mission. I love our zone. I love our distrit leaders. I was so sad. It felt like leaving home all over again. So when we got to Bispo's, I walked in,, Stella saw my face and just hugged me and cried. Then Bianca hugged me and cried. Then the girls (Yasmin and Ana) came up tscreaming sister to hug me and then they were confused why I was crying. I told them I was leaving and Yasmin said she was going to protest. When I left Yasmin started crying so so hard and just hugged me forever so then I was crying again. Yikes I am a mess. Bispo called us at 4:30 am because he and Stella were worried about us getting there and offered to take us to the rodoviara. So when Elder Pila ( my ld) and Elder Barbosa found I was going, guess what they did? They sacrificed their p-day and called the financial secretary and begged for a reimbursment so they could go to Sao Paulo to help me with my bags. They got a bus at 5am to come to Lorena AND Elder Pila made me brigadeiros. When I said goodbye to them and thanked them, they both almost cried. Ahhhh. BUTTTTTT, TUDO TEM PROPOSITO! Disso eu sei. I know there are people for me to meet here in Cumbica. I am so excited to meet them. Everyone I have talked to has sad Cumbica is awesome and that they loved it. YES MISSIONS! I love missions. My new companion is Sister ALedo! She has been out six months and is from Washington! Her Portugeese is way good! She seems really really sweet. I think we are going to be really good friends too. I can feel it.I am excited to be in Cumbica! I know there is so much to learn and people to meet!. I am still getting to know the area but we have already met this awesome awesome family! The Mom is named Adriana and she has three daughters who wants to be baptized. They were going to be this week but they had drank coffee so they are getting baptized this week. Their desire to follow the Lord is incredible. Adriana wants to be baptized too and when I was teaching about baptism yesterday she felt the Spirit so strong and was crying and I felt it too! The knowledge that we have a Savior who loves us and has died for us because of that love is one of the most tender things ever. I am way excited to meet more people here and share this knowledge with them! There is a recent convert here and his name is George Michael. He was named after the one and only... George Michael who sings "Careless Whisper". I keep on saying "Booooooo, he doesn't like George Michael!" Michael is way neat though, he is preparing to serve a mission and he gives us lots of references! But Cumbica thus far is awesome. Love it. That is pretty much all for this week! Thanks so much for all who sent birthday wishes, it meant the world to me! Love you guys!!

On September 7th it was Independance Day so Sister Waite and I got all decked out. NO ONE is patriotic here, I think I saw more red, white and blue than yellow, green and blue. Everyone stared at us weird and I kept on saying Salve salve, and Patria Amada to Sister Waite. 
This is from the Pday we went to the ecological park. Obviously I should be a wildlife photographer when I grow up. This is a quality picture here! 
Sister Rodrigues is the sweetest and she gave me a present at transfers. She is the cutest and will forever be a lifelong friend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment