Monday, September 16, 2013

Favorite week!

This week I think has been my most favorite week as a missionary. It was SOOOO good. Funny how it was a total flip after last week! So it started off with the temple on Tuesday. I have such a love for the temple. There is no place like it. As the session started, I felt such an overwhelming feeling of peace. Ah. I just love the temple. I am so grateful for having temples. Whenever I go to the temple I just think, man, this is what it is all about. This is what matters! It was awesome. So on Tuesday night we were walking home and we ran into Sandra, a lady that had walked up to the chapel, asked about church, flaked on our visit at church, and then we never saw her again. She said we could stop by tomorrow so we were way way excited. When we got there on Wednesday, she was kind of like uhm, well today is kind of hard, but as we were talking to her she let us come in, and then eventually let us go upstairs to meet her son. His name is Rafael. He is having a really hard time with depression. He opened up his whole soul to Sister Waite and I, but it almsot seemed like he was just talking to Sister Waite. He is so good. He gets it. As he opened up to us, he said something really interesting, I just want to be normal. But almost everything he felt and views he had on life reflected gospel views. So neat. We haven't been able to find him again though which is a bummer, but we want to! The coolest thing ever though was Nadia. HOLY COW. We taught her throughout the week with Skype because she lives in San Jose Dos Campos during the week and weekends she lives in Lorena.We didn't get to teach her on Friday because she didn't get to Skype on time. As I studied Saturday morning to teach her, I got the impression to just let her be. So did Sister Waite. Sunday rolled around, and everyone in our zone had baptisms after stake conference. Sister Waite and I had already decided a while ago that we didn't care about baptizing with the rest of the zone. We wanted to what was right. Still even at stake conference we felt like it might happen so we came prepared with a towel. It didn't, and ironically after church we had lunch with her family. After we ate, her mom and dad left, and we taught her the ten commandments. We talked about so many gospel principles while teaching, and Sister Waite invited her to be baptized that night. I felt the Spirit so strongly even though I wasn't the one who invited her. There were tears in my eyes the whole time. She said she felt like she should, there was just one little thing she couldn't put her finger on. We called up Elder Pila and him and Elder Barbosa came right away. Elder Pila interviewed her, they resolved it, and she was ready! She wanted to wait until next week though. The elders left, and we were about to leave too, and all of a sudden she said let's do it tonight. WHAT!?! The elders came all the way back from Guara, and the baptism happened. I feel like it was truly a test of our faith. To see if we would do what the Lord wanted us to do, or if we would want to do it our way. The Lord's way is always the way to go! ETERNAL FAMILIES! Yessss! It especially tender because Luzia and Miled just got sealed in July. I love my mission lots. I love this gospel lots. It is constantly be re-affirmed to me that is so true. It brings me so much joy! I am so happy to see the joy it brings unto others. You can see the change in people. It is so rewarding and so gratifying. Tomorrow is tranfers. They have told us that one of us is leaving, and we don't know anything else besides that. It is kind of pointing towards Sister Waite though and I might be a senior. I just finished my training last week though and I still don't know everything that is going on though so yikes! We will see what happens. Have an awesome week!

Two P Days ago we went to this park with our district. It was way fun!
Campinas! 

The girls in my district! Sister Borges, Sister Waite, some weirdo, Sister Melo! I would like to title this: The many looks of Sister Carvalho because they are all wearing my clothes. Hahahah it was fun
Fave zone leaders ever! 
I love love love love my zone. 
I love Sister Mendonça! We share the same birthday!
President and Sister Ferrin! I love them lots.
#matching #wedidn´tevenplanit
Sister Waite took this sweet picture
Claudinei. I love love love love him. 
The closest I will get to Autumn in Brazil.
Nadia!!!!!!
Nadia´s grandma Claudina, Luzia, Miled, Nadia!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment