Sunday, October 13, 2013

First week in Cumbica!

 This week was way good. Honestly, I don´t know how to start off these emails. Like should I say, hi ,hello, how are you? Greetings from Brazil? Every week is grand so I dunno. Cumbica is great! I love Sister Aledo. She is a gem! So on the Sunday of stake conference you had met David, an investigator who wasn´t feeling prepared yet. Well on Wednesday we marked an interview with him, and right before the interview he made it seem like he was wanting to get baptized. I only taught him once but he is so prepared you can just tell!! You can just feel it. After the interview we walked in and he decided to be baptized! YESSSSS! Ah it was so good. It is an electric feeling. This week I have really reflected on how much power the scriptures really have. They are literally the words Heavenly Father would want us to know/hear/live and they have the power of true conversion. I read about that in PMG this week and it just really stuck out to me. If anyone wants to be truly converted, then they need to read the scriptures. That will truly bring about a solid testimony and true conversion. I love love love the scriptures, I want to use them and know more so I can share powerful scriptures for every situation that I ever encounter. So I am kind in love with açai. And this week it totally paid off. On P-day I wanted açai so Sister Aledo and I grabbed some and as we were eating it, the lady that worked there started asking questions about The Plan of Salvation. She was kind of preoccupied so we tried explaining a little and handed her a pamphlet and told her we wanted to visit her. Later that week, we went over and visited and she hadn´t read it yet, but told us she was way too much of a sinner because she likes smoking and drinking, and that she wasn´t going to church because she gets bored at church. We went over on Thursday and she read the pamphlet. She loved it! She said she understood everything perfectly, and she really liked it. We bore our testimonies to her and we got one step further when she said she would come to church sometime because she was really interested. She seems a little tough, but I feel way good about her. Like it will take a little more work, but she has heaps of potential. I am excited to continue teaching her! Oh also, she owns an açai place and she said we could get free açai whenever. SCORE. Except don´t worry I am not going to freeload, I am going to pay obviously. On Saturday we had David´s baptism and it was so so good! I love baptisms. I can´t say it enough. To see how happy he was, and how happy we were for him? It just doesn´t get better. My birthday was awesome. My camera broke so all the pictures are on Sister Aledo´s camera. We are going to have a picture overload pretty soon here. Serious though, thank you for all the birthday wishes. It made me so so so happy. It feels good to be loved, and have such great people that love you. You guys are the best. Thank you so much for the prayers, letters, emails, and love!!
Loveeeeeeee,
Sister TiffCarv

Elder Pila & Elder Barbosa! 
Birthday Cake! 
I had always wondered what it would be like to walk down the side of the freeway. Now I know. It is kind of a thrilling feeling. 
Cumbica!
This place is gorgeous! 
I love Sister Aledo.
I want to come here every single Pday! I love it.
David's baptism! He is a guitarist & vocalist! He has such a strong testimony and has left so much behind to follow The Lord! Yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment