Monday, November 4, 2013

Hi my name is Sister Carvalho. I am copying Sister Anderson. I´m a Mormon.

This week was an awesome awesome learning experience. So this week I have reflected lots on the Atonement. I have been trying to finish up the part of The Book of Mormon that I missed, I think I got here when we were in Helaman, so I finished it and now am going from Nephi to Helaman. I was in 15-20, and chapter 16 is so powerful. Christ is the light of the world, and in every human being´s life. He has paid for our sins. He loves us, unconditionally. Salvation and redemption is reached only through Christ. Itmade me think of all the people we  pass by every single day. Christ didn´t Atone for my sins alone. Or just my family´s and friend´s, but literally for every single person that has ever ever lived. When I think of that, it makes me so grateful. Heavenly Father has such a perfect plan for us. He only wants us to return to Him, and for that reason is why He sent Christ to us. I have felt the Atonement work in my life so much, and when I feel that comfort and it´s power it just fills me with happiness. A verse I just loved was verse 12, His arms are ALWAYS extended in mercy and they always will be, because Christ has ALREADY paid!!! How many people have no idea of that? Or don´t undertstand the importance of having a Savior. Everyone needs the Atonement in their lives, which just brings us back to our purpose as missionaries, to invite others to come unto Christ, because Christ truly is the light and saving grace. I am just really really grateful for that, and so happy. The gospel makes you happy, and I like being happy. Being happy is the best thing ever and I know that I can show my gratitude by helping all of Heavenly Father´s children come unto Him, because He wants all of His children come unto Him. On a sad note, one of our dear friends named Conçeicão passed away. She and her husband Nanal worked on the corner of the chapel selling spices and produce, and we would pass them almost every day. I still remember the first day we met them! When we got sick two weeks ago, they got so worried about us and gave us tea leaves to make tea and get better.  They were just the most loving people ever. It was always fun to get to talk them for a little. Having her pass away was hard, but it increased my testimony of The Plan of Salvation so much more. I know that I will see her again, and I know that this isn´t the end! Although I cried a lot, I feel peace at the same time, because of the Plan of Salvation. We went to Nanal´s yesterday and he just asked us to stay with him and all his family was there. One of his brother-in-laws said there was no medicine for the soul and I couldn´t help but mumble that there was. Christ is the cure for our souls, I get sad when people don´t know it! Him and all his family are part of the Assemblia de Deus and as they were comforting Nanal, they were like you will see her again dad! We all won´t recognize each other or know each other but we will all be reunited with God again. No!!! I know we will be reunited with our Heavenly Father. I know we will be reunited with our families if we remain faithful, because that is part of His plan! His miraculous plan that was made possible through our Savior!  I have faith that Nanal will accept the gospel soon, because the gospel truly is the medicine and solution to all of life´s sorrows. It made me so sad to see him hurt so much when I know the solution. I don´t know how to quite express my feelings, but I know these things. I know that although we are all missing her, there is so much more. I love this gospel. I know my Savior lives and that one day we will all be reunited with Him. I am so blessed to be here and so grateful that I am a missionary. 
Over and Out,
Sister Carvalho

Good Lines From This Week:

Me: DANG IT!

SIster Aledo: What?

Me: There is a scary teeny spider on my Jesus The Christ!

Sister Aledo: Kill it kill it!

Me: Sister, I can´t hit my Jesus The Christ!!

(Ps. Paul, read Jesus The Christ, I think you´d enjoy it)

Sister Aledo: Kensie!

Sister Aledo: Oh my gosh, I just called you my sister´s name. That means I really love you.


Also last night we were dummies and left our window and door open when we got home because it was hot. A cockaroach FLEW in. FLEW PEOPLE. There was tears in my eyes. Sister Aledo asked me to help, but I could only offer moral support as she tried to get it out. I hate bugs.

Why yes it has been raining a lot. It looks like I have a hunchback with my
backpack underneath my coat. Also notice the pumpkin I bought. I WAS SO
EXCITED TO FIND IT! I am carving that bad boy today. Everyone please go
drink some pumpkin hot chocolate from Starbucks in my honor. Ask for hot
chocolate with two pumps of pumpkin. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment