Monday, November 4, 2013

AH AH AH AH BOO.

That was the first line of Laurie´s email to wish me a Happy Halloween and it brought me joy so I decided to make that the subject line for this week. I hope everyone has the best Halloween. I am buying myself candy for sure. We have transfers tomorrow! Have no idea what is happening, we will see next week:) I was reading in Alma this morning and I really enjoyed Alma 4:10. The members of the church were being a stumbling block to the non-members around them. What are we doing personally? A thought I had was, are we being a stumbling block to those around us, or a building block? Are we being good examples and loving so people notice that we have the greatest message ever to share with them? I would like to be a building block to help bring others unto Christ. In verse 13 it talks about helping others for Christ´s sake. We are representatives of Christ, and we should be acting as He would. Yahoo! Miracles happened this week,obviously. Miracles happen all the days, we just need to look for them! I had a break through this week. I was really thinking about why miracles like R and M happen,but then nothing after. WHY? Like is it something I did wrong personally? Am I not going after it, or just why do these people kind of puff dissapear? I think I have an answer. Because although it was in fact a miracle, not all miracles that happen around us are just for us. Maybe that was that person´s chance to hear the gospel, and they didn´t take it. Maybe it was to increase our faith if we are running on low, or Heavenly Father just wants to bless us. With all that happened this week I think that that is proof. We had a miracle with one of our investigators,K, and she chose not to follow. WHEN SHE HAD A MIRACLE HAPPEN INSTANTLY. This entire transfer we have worked with her. It is interesting because we had all these reasons to cut her, but Sister Aledo and I both feel that she will be baptized. We have been praying for her and thinking about her and her whole family heaps. On Friday night I prayed and the immeadiate answer I got was to testify with the Spirit. So then my prayers turned into having the Spirit present and having a miracle happen. We got there on Saturday and just told her we knew it was true. The Spirit was so so strong. My prayer was answered! I prayed throughout the lesson and I got a distinct answer that it was on the Lord´s time too. Heavenly Father is so aware of us though.  The miracle came. We all said a prayer on our knees and K ust started crying because she felt the Spirit, and so did Sister Aledo.  I felt the Spirit working through us as we taught. It was a miracle. K´s prayer was answered instantly, as soon as she was done praying! However, K decided not to be baptized yet(we set a goal for this week). People have their agency. Her decision makes me sad, but agency is one of the most priceless gifts we have. I am so grateful for agency. I am so grateful Heavenly Father is so aware of us.I knowthe thing He wants most is for all of us to be happy and follow Him. I want to do my very best at doing my part to make Heavenly Father proud of me. Sometimes I think of Him and Christ smiling at me and being proud of me, and just thinking about that brings me joy. I want that thought I have to come true, and it all starts with me and my choices! Yes! Have an awesome week you lovely, people!
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

Great Things From This Week:

Sister Aledo and I have bruised arms because everytime we see a vw bug, we punch each other.


We had sister conference last week. Alll the sisters in the mission got
together. So guess who was there? MINHA MAE! Sister Waite!!!!!!! I snuck up
on her and ran speedy quick to her and then we started screaming out of
joy. I love her so so so so much! Also we matched and we didn´t even plan
it. Both wore pink shirts and black skirts. If that isn´t best friend status, I don´t know what is.
Our zone!
A tree got stuck on me. Cool. 
So I carved my pumpkin! And I was so happy! Then two seconds after I took
that picture I accidently knocked off my pumpkin from the counter. I
spazzed out, ran to grab it and got a little teary because I thought it was
smashed. Then it wasn´t smashed, and we were cracking up and Sister Aledo
captured the moment.
I love my pumpkin. 
Kely! She works at açai and is so cool. I love her. We are all BFFs.


No comments:

Post a Comment