Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Crazy Life of Sister Tiffany Carvalho 5/26/2014

Hello Lovely People,

I am so so grateful to be here in Cachoeira Paulista. I love this place.  We have had the best transfer here. We were really humbled at times, but have also seen the Lord´s hand in His work so much.

  We have had the privilege of teaching incredible people! I have mentioned Marcelo and Vando before. They are awesome! We became a bit discouraged when they would never come to church. (Marcelo can´t wake up due to medical reasons and Vando works) We passed by their home this week, and Vando said he visited the Universal church. My first thought, was just NO! He then continued on to tell us that nothing even made sense there. He also said that after he read the Book of Mormon he just knows that the church of the Mormons is true! He was like, you guys have it right! Now, we just to work on getting him to go to church. He is awesome though. Marcelo was a bit hesitant to read The Book of Mormon. He just kept telling us, but I know it is true already. I know it! So we just explained to him that he really had to read to know for himself. We visited again, and he had read! He is really desiring to read more and more now. Oh they are golden. They both have solidified my testimony of just how important The Book of Mormon is. It has such power that we don´t even realize. A lot of times I just feel like, wow, Sister Carvalho, you don´t even know. I know that the Book of Mormon is true with my whole heart. It adds depth and meaning to each of our lives, and the Lord always testifies to us through His scriptures.

I don´t know if I have ever mentioned Roberto and Cristina but I LOVE them. They are the sweetest family. They are very very firm in their faith. We even did a trade with them and went to their church one Sunday night, and this Sunday Cristina came with us to our church and she loved it. Her and her husband have also promised to go to stake conference. They really don´t understand the concept of the Celestial, Terrestial, and Telestial Kingdom. They think that it is just Heaven and Hell. The end. It makes me sad to think that people really think Heavenly Father would be so unmerciful. I think that both Sister Beazer and I testified of it so strongly, that it has made a lasting impression on me. I know that the Plan of Salvation is acutally happening as we speak. I know that Christ made this all possible for us! I think that with truly loving Roberto and Cristina, they don´t necessarily accept it still, but when we visited yesterday they kept telling us they wanted to go to eh Celestial Kingdom so I think that is a huge step!!

So the Elder Nelson got cancelled. There was going to be crazy protests and boycotts, so they thought it was best to cancel it. All the missions of Sao Paulo stayed home that day but I know it was inspired! 

Love love love,
Sister C

So I decided to have my very own conference since ours was cancelled. Why yes, these are all the conference Ensigns and Liahonas I could find in our house. 
 Jorge and Iraci are such cool investigators! They invited us over to have lunch at their home and they surprised us with.... CHUARRSCO! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE BRAZILIAN BBQ!! 

Purple maracuja! (passion fruit) Also, let´s notice Mariana who tried escaping from the picture. GOT YA MARIANA!
 Weird fruit I have never seen in my entire life. It is called "fruta do conde". It is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beautiful Sister Carvalho, we love you! Thanks for serving the Lords children in Brasil. We hope you are enjoying the blessings that come with it. Love Brother and Sister Wildung

    ReplyDelete