Thursday, June 12, 2014

Guess Where I am? 6/2/2014

Hi! 

How are all my favorite people doing? I am doing great, thank you. So guess where I am??? I GOT MOVED MISSIONS! I AM NOW IN INTERLAGOS! Just kidding. Got ya! Hahahahha Sister Beazer and I got blessed with staying another transfer together here in Cachoeira Paulista! I LOVE SISTER BEAZER. She balances me out perfectly, because she is so calm and the definition of the word sweet. Honestly, I am so grateful. We have HEAPS of work to do. Sister and Beazer and I really feel that the Lord wants His work here to move along undisturbed. We have the best people ever that we are teaching. I know that miracles will absolutely happen this transfer! 

As the week started we were pretty anxious. I am always a wreck the day before transfers, I can´t even lie. We visited all of our investigators, just in case. When we got the call, it was the best thing ever! So I know I haven´t mentioned Linda. But, oh my goodness. GOLDEN GOLDEN investigator. We actually met her mom first. I have been the queen of random street contacts here in Cachoeira that have been golden. Linda´s mom Tiana didn´t even really want to talk to us at first. As we kept chatting though, she invited us in. She just said, I really don´t know why I let you guys come in, I don´t even like talking about religion. Linda then came home (she is 15) and we taught them both the Restoartion. Tiana hasn´t been very interested at all, but Linda just kept saying wow, you guys have answered all the questions that no other religion has been able to answer! She come to church every single week, and is just the sweetest, most special girl ever. We even did her Personal Progress with her last week! She keeps every commitment, and goes to activities and church on her own. We really want to teach her parents as well though, but they always work on SUndays and never are interested in staying. Tiana did say a prayer though during one of the lessons and got really choked up and asked so earnestly that Linda would follow the church! Currently, Linda is marked to be baptized in August, and she always talks about how excited she is! I just love Linda.

We had two huge miracles happen along the way this week as well. One is that as we taught Marcelo, he told us he gets the cage off his leg either this week or next week! Which means that he will be able to go to church, and be baptized! He was telling us this week, how he is excited to be baptized with the right authority, and how he knows that The Book of Mormon is true. As we taught him, a little more about the PLan of Salvation, his cousin randomly burst in the room, and said how he was feeling sad about how his friend recently died. BOOM, miracle. His name is Ricardo, and he is really cool. We gave him a Book of Mormon and we wil be visiting him more this week! Please pray for Marcelo, that his surgery will go well!

We also have started to teach Vilma´s husband Batista. He is usually always drunk and not the happiest camper, but as we taught him, he just said he wants to feel happy. He wants his life to change. He looked Sister Beazer and I straight in the eye and asked, What do I need to do to get rid of all of this saddness and hurt inside of me? We responded that Chirst is the cure. He then promised that he would go to church the next day. Not only did he go, but he went in perfect SUnday attire, and totally sober. Vilma told us later that he drank NOTHING for the all of yesterday. MILAGRES!!! I know Chirst is the Healer and the only true comfort. When we repent, and we decide to follow Him, He will heal us. I think that it is incredible that whether it is mental, emotional, spiritual, or physical, Christ can heal each and everyone us. Despite what our lives trials may have been. I know that Christ can make us whole. We can have eternal peace and happiness through our Savior. I love our Savior so very much. I am so grateful. AH HAPPINESS!!!

welp, I need to be going! I love you all. MUITO. OH, also the world cup is coming. VAI BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

love love love,
SIster Carvalho

Gems of the Week:


Subway and McDonald´s fries. My favorite thing to do now is do hangloose and say BELEZA in the most American accent I can do.

 I scream. You scream, We all scream for ice cream!

 Almost all of our zone stayed the same, except for a few new people. Our zone is the funnest ever. We had our zone meeting (in proselyting clothes, don´t worry), then played soccer, then we went and ate food. Obviously eating was my favorite part.
Let´s talk about how Dani is the CUTEST baby ever. (Mariana´s son)
 We told Laura (one of our super cool investigators) that transfers were the next day, and she said just in case, here are some gifts! I made hot chocolate in mine the next day!
 Have I told you guys I live on a balcony? Because I do. So we pretend our llife is Tangled all the time. Sometimes I even brush Sister Beazer´s golden hair and sing "Flower, gleam, and glow..."


We found this little (BIG) guy in our room. I shut the bathroom door and made Sister Beazer kill it.
 Laura!!!
 So my purse broke. And Elder Horton (hears a Who) fixed it.I like calling him Elder Horton Hears a Who because he is 6´8. SO TALL.


No comments:

Post a Comment