Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vila Prudente.....Transfer 3!! WOOOOOOO!!! 1/27/2014

Another area opened in Vila Prudente!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!! AND Sister Falcão and I got to stay together for a third transfer!! I love that girl so much! Sister Corbitt and SIster O´Brien from England live with us now as well and it is a party. I love them heaps!

So out of the miracles last week lots of really tender things happened. Silvia, Marilia´s friend is a golden investigator. A true gem. We went to teach her and she is such a sweet spirit. She is so humble, and so prepared to follow the gospel.  All she could do was keep thanking us and it just kind of put things into perspective for me. This gospel is SO precious. We have the knowledge that our Savior lives. That He loves us. That through Him, we can repent, and someday live with our Father again. We truly have a treasure to share with everyone.  It also made me realize that the Lord will send His prepared people our way, if we are faithful and are doing our part. Something incredible that happened with Silvia was that on our first lesson with her the WOrd of Wisdom got brought up breifly, but it was just very breif. As we taught her yesterday, we invited her to live the Word of Wisdom and she told us she had been living it since the day we had talked about it breifly. She has such a sincere desire to follow the Lord and do what is right. I am so happy for her and I love her so much!! So something kind of funny that happened this week was that as we walked this week I found a lucky penny. A penny in Brazil!!! It also kind of marked how the work started to fly. We have so many people to teach and love right now! It so exciting and so happy. All of my prayers have been answered and it feels so good to work so hard and have to run to places!! I love Vila Prudente and I love working here. We have a Father in Heaven and Savior, a living prophet, we can have eternal families, we have tools to guide us each day. What more do we need???

In my studies this week something that really really stuck out to me was that the Lord will mold us into what He wants us to be. If we are instruments in the Lord´s hands, then He knows our talents. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He knows who we need to be. I know that He will help us get there!! Sometimes I honestly feel so overwhelmed and am  like wow, you have such a long way to go. Dang it, you messed up. But I have learned that if we sincerely pray to be better, and acutally act, that true change is possible. I know that true change, is made possible through Christ. He knows how to succor us when we most need it! The Lord will always qualify who He calls, and I know that I am pretty rough, but that each and everyone of us is getting there. Here is to getting there!! My testimony of finding people and knowing that I was supposed to meet that person has increased. The  work really is moving along beautifully and it is so happy. I have learned to work with the members more, and how to involve them more. We members really need to get our game on! There are those we love that need this special message!!
 Love you all,
SIster Carvalho

Gems of the week:

Sister Falcão have this freaky twin thing going on where we think of things at the exact same time.

Sister O´Brien: How do you say bridesmaid in Portuguese??

Me: Dama

Sister O´Brien: Dama... well that doesn´t sound too positive now does it?


Sister Corbitt gave Sister Falcão and I a couple name: Sister Calvão

Miguel Bernardo´s baptism! It was such a special day!


We had a zone BBQ.... Elder Astin always wears these sunglasses indoors and
I think it is dumb... so when he took them off and left them lying around
SIster Falcão and I took pictures while stealing frosting.


My name is SIster Carvalho and I like to photobomb.

Transfers...TOTGETHER FOR A THIR TRANSFER! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAaa!

Sister Corbitt has named us companion-in-laws. I am fond of it. Living in
four is the best. This is us in order from shortest to tallest. Sister
Falcão, Me, Sister O´Brien and Sister Corbitt!



No comments:

Post a Comment