Monday, January 27, 2014

The Charmed Life of Sister Tiff Carvalho 12/30/2013

So this week was Christmas. It was perfect. I actually really enjoyed my first and only mission Christmas. Seeing my family was the greatest thing ever. The day after we had a treinamento at 8 in the morning at the mission office with President. I think there should probably be a stamp that says: Sister Tiffany Carvalho, disaster of the Brazil São Paulo East mission. From losing the cell phone on the first week, to leaving the house keys at the office and having to go all the way back, and being almost an hour late to the treinamento I don´t even know what to expect anymore. We had set up our alarm for 5:30 and it didn´t go off. I have timing issues. Sheridan would always get upset at me. I have been trying to work on it for a while now. At the training we focused on making goals, and changing ourselves for the better. I know that if I do my part, the Lord will bless me in trying to change myself. I am excited to change and try and become better. After being late, Sister Falcão and I were more than determined to do everything on time perfectly. I think you could say we learned our lesson real good. We have woken up on time and strived to be obdient with exactness in everything this week, and the blessings of obedience came pouring in.I read Elder David M. McConkie´s talk about teaching with God´s Power and Authority. It was perfect and correlated perfectly with the treinamento because it talks about how we first need to be totally obdient to have the Spirit with us. Then we search the scriptures and pray, and that is how we can be the most effective teachers. The day after the treinamento we were visiting a recent convert when Tereza called to see if we could come that that day. She had marked for us to go over on Tuesday of this week so that was really neat. We finished up our visit and headed over to her house. We chatted with her for a while, and then her grandson and granddaughter-in-law got home. They are both baptized, but inactive. They always treat us super well though and receive us well. They eventually sat down and talked with us and HOLY COW. MIRACLES. All of their needs and questions came tumbling out. Tereza´s especially and we were able to be truly guided by the Spirit! It was so cool. It felt so great that they all trusted us and that we have made a special relationship with them that we were able to talk so openly. In fact, they all agreed to go to church this week and we want to focus on each and every one of them. Lots of what they said made me want to be a better member when I get home. As members, everyone looks to you and if we aren´t always trying to be the most Christ like, we can hurt others. That made me sad. This week I studied Alma 44 and it talks about how Moroni gave inspiring words to the Nephites to help them. These inspiring words then helped them to turn unto the Lord for help. If we can help lift others up, and lend a helping hand, how effective could we truly be? The Savior lifted everyone up around Him and continues to lift all of us up each day. It is our duty and privlege to love and help everyone. The world is just a better happier place when we love everyone. This week we also met two new investigators. We are super excited to teach them, we have been praying for a family and they have a big one!! Heavenly Father always always always answers our prayers. We also got to go back and teach Natalia, she had lots of work so we stopped because she got home way late. We went there yesterday and it was so cool! Her and her mom aren´t totally sure, but it was incredible because lots of what believe in, they already believe in too. We just need to follow the Spirit and I am sure that miracles will happen with them too. Thanks for all the Merry Christmases they were great. Love you all!!
Lovelovelove,
 Sister Carvalho 











No comments:

Post a Comment