Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's such a warm December

Someone please know what song I copied. So precisely to the day one year ago, I was certain I would go on a mission. Today is the year mark of when I got my patriarchal blessing, and even though it had already been confirmed to me, it was more than crystal clear that I was going on a mission. Now I am sitting in a hot lan house in Brazil, and have almost six months on my mission. How crazy is that? I couldn´t be more grateful that I am here. I love my mission so much, and it is going by so quickly so I really want to just soak up every single moment. I don´t want anything to be jaded. This past transfer went by in the blink of an eye, it freaks me out. This is the last week! Ahhhhhh! Missions are the greatest thing ever. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father answered me so clearly, and gave this once in a lifetime experience to serve. I am more than 100% confident I made the greatest decision in my life coming here.

   I am trying to work on the spacing of my emails, I realize I just send this huge ugly block because I am too impatient to space it nicely. Patience is a virtue. So this week I was refelcting lots on faith. In Alma 37:40 it talks about the Liahona and it worked ACCORDING to their faith. Everything is ignited by our faith. If we don´t have faith, how can we be led by the Lord? I know that Heavenly Father truly wants to lead us and help us each day of our lives, but we have to let Him. If we don´t allow faith in our hearts, then He can´t communicate with us. Miracles are worked by our faith! We can have them every single day like this verse says. We are in the month of December. Which means CHRISTMAS! I am obsessed with Christmas and all of my companions know it. In the Christmas season, there is just such a different Spirit. Everyone is happier and cheerier, and more miracles happen. Why? Because everyone has more faith. This faith comes from our Savior´s birth and the whole reason why I am here! I love my Savior so very much. I want to work my hardest ever this next month, because I would like that to be my gift. Something else I realized this week is that we are the Savior´s hands. It is all a perfect circle. We are in need, so we pray to the Lord. In turn, he helps to answer our prayers by sending another person to help that person. That helper person has problems too though, so they pray and the circle just continues on and on. If Christ were here, He would help everyone. He would love everyone. Sister Ferrin had an idea of us marking the Book of Mormon each day in December with specfic chapters marked about Christ for each day of December. On Christmas we will give it to someone! WAHOO I am so excited for that! This month is going to be great I can just feel it!

I have also been pindering creativity. I love creative things, and PMG is great because it allows you to be so creative on how you approach missionary work. I am trying to brainstorm some real good ideas. My patience has been tried here, because we have so many awesome potential pĂ©ople. Seriously, so many. We plan each day to visit them, and then no one is ever home. I am going to think of a good idea. I think I am on the brink of something brilliant maybe. Maybe not, we will see! We met this awesome girl named N this week, and she really liked church! We also have S and R who are still solid as ever, but super busy. I am pretty excited though, because good things are happening. Really good things. It is just grand.

Now for funny things. My life is a mess seriously. Last Monday we ended our zone meeting and Sister Oborn and I were so determined to get McDonalds so we ran out of there. We ate whatever, got home and my keys were gone. I had left them at the office. So we had to go ALL the way back. Also, this great thing:
Sister Oborn: I hope you get to come to my wedding, I feel bad that all your friends are getting married without you.

Yeah... this is what my life is coming to. Hahahahha I love it.

Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

No comments:

Post a Comment