Sunday, December 8, 2013

Email sent: 11/18/2013

So this week we definitely saw the miracles. I always get so impressed with all the miracles that occur. It is the most solid proof that Heavenly Father truly truly loves us and is always watching over us. So as I have said before, we have had a little bit of a hard time finding people to teach. It seemed as if we would make all these plans to teach and then, boom, no one would be home. It can be disheartening, because it is just like AH, I JUST WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE . So we found some people to teach, due to the awesome members of this ward. Wow. They just all really wow me. So I got really really excited. Saturday night rolled around and for some reason, I just felt like good things were coming. Good things are happening. Sunday morning came though and it felt glum though. That soon vanished. We watched the Emma Smith movie with a member this week and it made such a profound impact on my testimony. Something I absolutely loved that she says in the movie is, ´´Sometimes God brings us down low, so He can lift us up higher´´I have seen that pattern happen in my mission almost every other week. It seems glum, but admist it all, Heavenly Father always blesses us. We had five people show up to church this week! One of the five was one of our investigators and at the end of church, we asked how she liked it and she started to cry because she felt the Spirit. Another was the husband of an inactive member and they are both so excited to learn. My prayers of finding people to teach were answered. Heavenly Father provided a miracle. He always does. My scripture study was so correlated to what I was learning as well this week. In Alma 28:14 ( I think it was 14, it was the last verse of the chapter) and it talks about ´´our great call to diligience´´. To me diligence is laboring with your full force despite what conditions surround you. Whether they be great or terrible. I know that as we labor with diligence, the blessings will come. I know that we as members and missionaries, we have this great call to diligence. Yay missionary work! I also read in Alma 27 and in verse 11 I think it says that Ammon´s strength was exhausted because he was so excited. I relate to Ammon because I think he is just as spazzy and crazy as I am. It makes me laugh. But en fim, I love this work. I love seeing all the blessings. Have an awesome week you great people! Also, congratulations to all my friends who got married. Reagan, you looked STUNNING. Seriously all of my friends are married. Hahaha.
Love love love,
Sister Carvalho

Last week on P-Day I got home from emailing and didn´t want to wear my cute
shirt anymore and wanted to be comfy. My companions laughed at me and took
a picture. I think this would make my mother roll her eyes at me. Threw up
some peace signs (hahahahahaha please tell me Iook Asian Meag, Al, and Em)

I have been five months out on the mission! Isn´t that just crazy? It FLIES
by. Whoa. My sweet companions took me to McDonald´s and got me a smoothie.
I love them.

EBC0E690-410C-4A22-A02C-3BCAC4E75E2B

No comments:

Post a Comment