Sunday, December 8, 2013

Adventura

  SO this week was a week of adventures. I went to a different mission (sinner), lost the cell phone with one week of having a cell phone, our house is being attacked by bugs, and I have never laughed so hard in my life.  This week my testimony on prayers increased so much. I don´t think I have every prayed so much to see how to best help Sister Oborn and Sister Falcão. I just want to help them become better and feel happy and do good things! When I prayed, I immeadiately just got the answer to read the scriptures. When I read I read things about faith and the Spirit and it was what my companions needed to hear. It wasn´t me though. It was just the Lord acting through me. I just love receiving answers to prayers. I felt reallly low on Saturday. Just inadequate and like this week was a bust. Then I prayed that one thing would happen. Just one shiny moment that day to bring cheer and animo. One of the sisters in the ward was bringing us a chicken for lunch, but instead of just the chicken, she brought lettuce, tomatoes, mangos, bananas, milk, and a box of chocolate. It was exactly what I needed. Those happen to be my favorite things. Salad, chocolate, and shakes.( what I would give to have a costa vida, paradise, or wildflower salad. I miss those things SOOOO much. Nobody even understands)  I know that in that moment, that was a direct answer to my prayer. That Heavenly Father gave me that saving grace. Yesterday at church was so good as well. We had prayed that there would be people at church, but much to our dismay, no one was there. We had also been praying to find people to teach. Well what do you know? We got three references at church. YES! Milagres! And this week we already have kind of a lot of plans set forth. I want to work my hardest, I want to bring people unto Christ. That is our purpose! That is why we are here.  This week will be different, and it will be the best week yet. I have two of the best missionaries with me here in Vila Prudente. We are going to do great things! I know it, and I am excited. Also, another thing. Ramon went to church yesterday in full church attire, and a Preach My Gospel in hand. I wanted to scream in the chapel. It was great. I know that this gospel is absolutely true. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. He understands us perfectly and will help us perfectly. All we have to do is kneel down and pray. An answer will always come, because he is our Father and He loves us. I know that everything we do here on the mission should be with love, because that is what our Father would have us do. Love is a powerful thing. I just know it. I know the gospel is true, and that sharing it with others is one of the most loving things we can do. Missions are the best.

   So now I will explain my adventures. SISTER OBORN HAS DECIDED TO STAY! YESSSS! Thank you to whoever prayed for her, I know it has made a huge difference. We went to the Interlagos mission to go to one of her doctor´s appointments, so it wasn´t rule breaking. That was an adventure, we had to take lots of subways! On Thursday I lost the cell phone on the bus....after having it for a week. Fail. We went and waited almost two hours for the bus to pass by again because I had faith there was still good people in the world but it had gotten stolen. Way to go Tiff! I have learned my lesson. This morning, Sister Oborn walks down stairs and looks at me and goes ´´WE ARE BEING ATTACKED!´´ There is a a huge huge amount of these black flying bugs. We also have an ant problem. It is grand. But not really becuase I loathe bugs. Sister Falcão is one of the funniest weirdest girls I have ever met.I love her. Last week for P-Day we went to the aquarium. There was an alligator exhibit and she just kept looking at it. We went to our zone meeting after then home. As we were laying in bed, out of no where she goes ´´I can´t stop thinking about the alligators eyes.´´ So we were cracking up and she goes ´´It doesn´t help that our zone leaders have eyes like the alligator´´ They are American and have blue eyes. So then I laughed so hard I cried. 

Love, Sister Carvalho

Sister Conference! I am hidden in the back because I am short. These are
all the sisters in my mission! Yahoo! Except Elder Bangerter and Correa.
They are the AP´s.

No comments:

Post a Comment