Friday, March 15, 2013

Come Get Your Lemonade!

                                          Pre-Lemonade lemons
                                          Lemonade makers
                                          Lemonade Stand
                                          Me enjoying the fruit of my labors. Get it?
                                         Arizona not sucking.

So the plan today was not to have a lemonade stand. My plan was to get ready, go to Goodwill, San Tan mall, and Trader Joe's. When the girls came and asked if they could have a lemonade stand, I wasn't that enthused, but I couldn't say no either. I mean, they're adorable and I knew they were really wanting to have one.  Apparently, Mother had told them they could have one but she forgot she had a doctor's appointment. The girls went and grabbed their cute friends to help them, and the stand began. You guys, I think I had almost as much fun as the girls did. I was the official lemonade maker delegator and would make the lemonade once they would squeeze all the lemons. Next thing I knew the whole neighborhood was participating and they would come in asking for more lemonade, like every 15 minutes. Business was booming. I even ran to the store to get more cups. In total, they made 20 dollars. Winning girls! I helped them for about 2 hours and once my mom got home and the stand winded down, I stuck to the original plan. Goodwill was a bust with the exception of getting two ties for missionary friends. I always try being a good thrifter, but I am terrible. I think it's because I am not very patient to look through everything. Everyone says they find mission skirts and cute clothes there and all I find is short jean mini skirts and shirts that have stains on them and cat hair. Maybe someday I'll be good at thrifting, but thus far I am far from it. I'll stick to Forever 21 and TJ Maxx. On the other hand, Trader Joe's is my place. I LOVE Trader Joe's. Basically, anything you buy from there will taste good. Serious. I'll share my favorites though:

  •  The blondie bar mix. SO GOOD. 
  • Any of their organic vegetables/fruit. It always tastes delicious. 
  • They have butter leaf lettuce year round which is my favorite lettuce. It beats all other lettuce.
  •  They also have pre-packaged salad, and my personal favorite is their Pasadena Salad. It has it's own special dressing and it is really yummy.
  •  Trader Joe's has the best frozen pizza. I even prefer it to some of the fast food pizza. 
  • Also their tamales are way good. 
  • And Joe's O's. (Trader Joe's Cheerios)
  • They have these frozen cheesecakes on popsicle sticks. YOU GUYS. 10/10
  •  I am a flower lover. I just love flowers. They make me happy and they are pretty. Trader Joe's always has a beautiful selection of fresh flowers, and they are usually WAY cheaper than any other place that sells flowers. They also have pretty potted flowers as well! Sadly, this trip they didn't have ranunculus which are my favorite. It is ranunculus season though, so I'm excited.
Just go to Trader Joe's. I promise they won't disappoint. It's great. I hope you had a great Friday, because mine has been splendid.



No comments:

Post a Comment