Monday, June 29, 2015

A Quick Update on My Very Exciting Life

I suck at this whole blogging business. My dreams of becoming a Mormon mommy fashion blogger might be dashed. (sarcasm people)

The last post I had been home ten days. That was 7 months ago. Here is a life recap in bullet points:
  • I now go to BYU, which is pretty rad. While I was on my mission, I kept feeling like I should go to BYU. Which I thought was kind of dumb to be honest because I had a full ride to ASU. So why would I risk having to pay money out of my pocket when I had free schooling, lived at home, and semi-enjoyed ASU. Plus, I always thought BYU was super overrated. I kept on feeling like I should go though so I prayed about it and got some pretty strong confirmations that I should go. So I was like okay so I'll apply when I get home. Just a little after that I found out that I had lost my scholarship at ASU because it was an academic and need based scholarship, and my parents had made too much money that year. Lame. I got home and applied for BYU and wasn't very confident I'd even get in. I mean, let's be honest here, 3298348247 return missionaries were all coming home the same time I was and would apply. My grades were decent, but not amazing. I don't have anything spectacular about me. Not trying to be woe is me here, but there isn't anything shiny about me. Like I don't dance, sing, play an instrument, sports (ha, remember that time I got hit in the face with a basketball?), etc. so I didn't have an extracurricular thing going for me either. So I was just like, hey I felt like I should do this, so I will, and if I am supposed to get in, I will. Whatta ya know, I got accepted! I've only done a semester, but I LOVE BYU. Really really really love it. I love the approach of learning, I love the classes,I love the Spirit on campus, I love that it isn't hotter than hell here. The whole experience just really showed me that the Lord knows what's up. If we trust in that and do His will, it'll all work out.
  • I got braces...AGAIN. As a 21 year old. My top teeth were fine, but there was a tooth on the bottom that moved when my wisdom tooth came in and it looked like I had a snaggle tooth. Which....YIKES. So I got braces, and everyone literally thinks I'm like 17/18. Here is a conversation I've had:
Lady: Oh so what are you doing here? (I was at Elder Perry's funeral)

Me: Oh I am at BYU and just got home from my mission

Lady: NO. You can't be old enough to do have gone on a mission and be in college.

Me in my head: Yeah, ACTUALLY I'm lying to you for fun and I like making things up about myself. 

Me in real life: (charmingly laughs) It's just my braces! I'm actually 21.

Lady: Oh that must be it! I should get braces.

  • I am going to Disneyland next month and I already have a countdown. Besides Christmas, Disneyland is the thing I am most obsessed with. I loveeeeeeeeeeee it.
  • Chan, Sher, and I found a condo. We would always drive by them and Sheridan would comment on how cute they are. One fine day Alison texted me that a girl in her ward was selling all three contracts to her condo so we jumped on that. They were the cute condos. It is in Alison's ward. It is by Sodalicious. It has a washer and dryer. YES.
  • Since moving out on my own, I have found I can cook, and I can actually cook well. It makes me happy. Chicken and quinoa? You know I'm down.
Life is good. Sometimes it gets crazy, and sometimes I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but I really enjoy this chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment